Embroidery Machine

ScentsandMore

I have a singer ce250 and we have a love/hate relationship.  The one thing I hate is that singer does not provide the software for windows 8 and the other thing is the size of the hoops. very limiting. for my purposes.  it's great for small designs, though. I've dabbled in free hand embroidery using a hoop and I like that method.  the machine itself works well. and I like it for sewing.  I got a good deal on it years ago on QVC.  

I have a singer and wish I had never bothered. It is a nightmare. If I was going to buy another one I would invest in a Bernina or a Janome. I even hate the way a singer sews but that is a personal pet peeve. I have used a friend's brother and was not happy with it and neither was she. She brought it to me hopping I would have better luck with it and could help her. I did but it showed me I was better off paying more and getting a good machine that messing with the cheap ones.

Here is my advice go to your local quilt stores and see what is offered a lot of them will let you test sew on them. They also offer all kinds of support in learning your new machine.