Soap Making Kit?

msboss

I assume you mean CP soap?

Soap Making Resource has several kits available. I use this supplier and have been very happy with the quality of ingredients.

http://www.soap-making-resource.com/soap-making-kits.html

Of course, Brambleberry has a couple of kits as well. Another great supplier.

http://www.brambleberry.com/Soap-Kits-C127.aspx

I don't think any of the kits come with lye. If you are just wanting to try your hand at soap making, you can pick up some simple ingredients at Walmart or grocery store. You can make a nice soap with just Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Great Value Shortening or Crisco or Lard. Lye can be found at Ace Hardware, it's labeled as a drain cleaner but is 100% sodium hydroxide or sometimes Home Depot or Lowe's carries it. Also, make sure you get familiar with SoapCalc.

You will love making soap!!

J

Essential Depot is very reliable and Steve at Soap Making Resource will do somersaults to make you happy. I have both the silicone loaf molds from Essential and a small acrylic mold from Resource-both are great and reasonably priced. Soaping will take your shop over and your pocketbook in the blink of an eye. You can get what you need locally (lard, coconut oil, olive oil) and make a mold out of a shoe box lined with wax paper and get your lye from Lowes. Just remember to wear gloves, goggles and old clothes when working with lye. My shop is stacked with soap molds, colorations, fragrances, oils, butters and that's just the tip of the ice berg. There are a lot of good videos on Youtube for direction and tons of threads to read about all things soap. You're going to love it but hate yourself in the morning.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve! I know I'm going to love it...my hubbby, probably no so much :D

Essential Depot is very reliable and Steve at Soap Making Resource will do somersaults to make you happy. I have both the silicone loaf molds from Essential and a small acrylic mold from Resource-both are great and reasonably priced. Soaping will take your shop over and your pocketbook in the blink of an eye. You can get what you need locally (lard, coconut oil, olive oil) and make a mold out of a shoe box lined with wax paper and get your lye from Lowes. Just remember to wear gloves, goggles and old clothes when working with lye. My shop is stacked with soap molds, colorations, fragrances, oils, butters and that's just the tip of the ice berg. There are a lot of good videos on Youtube for direction and tons of threads to read about all things soap. You're going to love it but hate yourself in the morning.

Cheers

Steve