QR Codes

EricofAZ

Does anyone use QR Codes in place of bar codes? I don't know if stores would use those at the checkout counter. They are easy to make and free. I saw one website where you can type in your own information and it generates right there. http://goqr.me/ But I think its more for information on the product and not so much for the cash register of a store. Any thoughts? I have seen the threads here where there are companies that generate a registered bar code for a fee. Is that still the way to go? Thanks, Eric

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

pcbrook, you can generate the code easy enough at that website above that I posted.  You can type a message up to about 300 words and the code will display that when scanned. Any of the smart phones that have Google Goggles or some other qr reader will scan and read what it says.  Just about every product in a store now has one so folks who go shopping and want to know more about what they might be buying just need to photograph it with the smart phone.

It began with Toyota? years ago as a way to identify and track auto parts.  Think of it as a 2 dimensional bar code.

I might be behind the times but that is so cool!  I went on that site and generated a code for my website and downloaded it.  I might just put it on my business cards.  I downloaded the Google Goggles app to my phone and I have been having a little fun with it.  

I guess I found a new way to amuse myself for a couple days.  LOL!