Tarts and melts vs wicked candles & hot throw

Hi everyone,

So my plan is to test my sample scents in tarts first, and then move on to candles if I get a good hot throw with the tarts. Theoretically, if I can get it to throw in my wax in a melt, should I be able to find a wick that would throw that scent as well? Or do you find there are scents that work great in melts but just don't work in wicked candles? I'm using ecosoya CB135 for my candles and a blend of 135/PB for my tarts.

Emily

There are scents that work better in tarts than candles because they are so hard to wick, like patchouli, dragon's blood, nag champa, etc. Because patchouli based scents need to be wicked up so much, I personally only offer them in tarts now. I refuse to drive myself batty wicking up any candle LOL!! :tongue2:

hmm..that makes sense. Anyone have a hard time wicking Pink Sugar? I bought all these new wicks, thinking "there's no way I will need one THAT big" and of course, nothing is good enough for Pink Sugar. I hate ordering 1-2 packs of wick and spending twice as much in shipping costs! Thinking I might put that one away for a while and master a few others first....

There are scents that work better in tarts than candles because they are so hard to wick, like patchouli, dragon's blood, nag champa, etc. Because patchouli based scents need to be wicked up so much, I personally only offer them in tarts now. I refuse to drive myself batty wicking up any candle LOL!! :tongue2:

^---- So true. I am not having any trouble with Pink Sugar, burning it right now but, then again, my system is not the same as yours.

Edited by rjdaines