Question Re: Liquid Dyes

I have a bit of an issue that I actually was sort of expecting but not to this degree.

I had to give up candle-making for a good long while, mostly because I didn't have the funds but also because I dealt with an incredibly bad and intense move out of my roommate and by the time I was done with that, I was just done. During the move, the ex-roommate basically tore the house up, threw my things just about everywhere she could and got into my supplies and equipment and scattered them all over the garage and even out into the yard. I made the mistake of giving her a weekend to move out and I went to my fiancee's so there would be no stress. I didn't realize it would cause more - hindsight is 20/20.

I have lost the majority of my liquid dyes because when I got back home that Monday and saw that everything was scattered, my first and only thought was to get everything in totes and deal with it later (My Presto Pot was actually outside half buried in mud). I wasn't thinking completely straight when I did this so when I started pulling my equipment out, I ended up turning my office into a candle mold critical care unit (long story there) and made out a list of everything I would need to replace. I actually thought I lost all of my liquid dyes but a search in my back room just now for something completely unrelated revealed I had three bottles back there that I had forgotten about.

Unfortunately, I lost another bottle of dye, but there are two that I believe I can salvage. I need to know if there is a way to thin the dyes - both are too thick or should I just scrap the two bottles?

My gut says to try and save them but my brain is reminding me that even though I lost the liquids, I've still got the chips and this very situation was the reason I used chips to begin with. Every last chip that I had came out in pristine condition - not so much with the liquids. I bought them to experiment with but I never really got the chance, it wasn't that long after I started making candles again that all hell broke loose and she left.

Need lots of help here - what would everyone here do?

TIA

Thanks for responding, Chris

After some careful thought, I think I will toss them - I just hate to lose them because compared to chips they are expensive and I never really got to experiment with them. I can't really blame the ex-roommate for this, had I had myself in the right frame of mind I would have known to bring them into the house instead of just tossing them into a tote and let them sit for so long.

I might buy them again but for right now, I think I'll stay with the chips.