Loving C-3 Wax - Cure time (surely not 2 wks!!) & scent load

I'm loving the look of C-3 wax. I've used Eco soy cb excel but I like the clean smooth finish that C-3 gives. :yay:

I've been reading up on cure times for this wax... is it true that I have to wait a 2 weeks in order to test the scent throw?

Also, does anyone use more than the recommended 6% FO load to gain a stronger scent throw? I love strong smelling candles and used 6% load in my recent test batch but they don't smell as strong as I would like.

Welcome!

I am a C3 user. The cure time depends totally on the fragrance IME. Some candles i get blow me away HT in 24 hours or less. Some take longer.

I use 6% max, sometimes less. More FO does not necessarily mean better HT. depends on your wick, container, techniques, etc. i found that too much FO can change how the wick performs and actually end up with less HT.

Thanks Tall Tayl... thats really helpful.

I'm using wood wicks and I know that once they burn they offer a hotter burn temperature so theoretically should produce a hotter throw. Do you have a good CT with 6% FO load too?

There's a sweet spot range with candle systems where the wick is just hot enough to combust the wax and fragrance without being too hot or too cold, if that makes sense. Hotter is not always better.

I do not use wood wicks, so i cannot offer anything on those.

If you want to know if your wick is impeding HT, you can just melt a piece of your candle in a wax melter. If you have great HT, then your issue is with your choice of wick.

I too, use C3 and love it....but for me, I use an 8.5% fo load (any higher, and I have seepage issues) and I'm very happy with ct/ht. I use CDNs and Premiers with C3 and prefer to let candles cure 2 weeks for optimum ht...hth.

Glad to hear you love C3 as I love the finish it gives too. I'm really happy with this wax.

I may play around with different percentages of FO load. I used some of the wax left over from my pour in clam shells and followed TallTayl advise and put it in my burner. It smells great! I'm being a little impatient with waiting for the cure time and I may also have become immune to smelling candles now, as I'm sniffing them constantly :0)