Help w/color laser printer

Daisymay66

Daisymae all of my labels are in color and I use a mini wireless printer from Epson. It is the Epson Stylus NX430 and the color cartriges are very reasonable and you only have to replace the one that is empty not all at one time. They run around $17 each and I get a lot of color printing from them. I love this printer because it is wireless and small ....I keep it on my kitchen counter because it is connected to my laptop which I am always using in the living room. I love to design and print my labels at night while I watch TV. It is also a scanner, copier and prints beautiful pictures. I think Epson has repaced this model with a newer one called the Epson Expression Home XP 410 and I will post a link for it below. When I bought mine it was only $54.00 the newer model is around $79.00 at Staples. Don't let the cheap price fool you, it is a good little printer.

http://www.staples.com/Epson-Expression-Home-XP-400-All-in-One-Printer/product_744783?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:744783&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=35-163739224-2

Daisymae,

are you looking for an inkjet or laser printer, they are both good, but offer different results.

Inkjet printers use liquid ink that penetrates your paper so if you are printing on a darker colored

paper like brown, your color may look muted and dull. Inkjets do print truer to color and are great for

photos and color editing is easier. Inkjets are also great for printing on polyester and vinyl labeling mediums

like waterproof labels as the ink penetrates and does not flake of like laser toners.

Lasers are great if you are doing a lot of printing as they can be more economical, they are great for printing

on dark papers because they use powdered toner that lays they print on the surface of the paper, it does not

penetrate and the results are more vivid. Knowing what your printing requirements will help you choose what

will work best for you, inkjet or laser.