Glassine Bags

Gloria Dawson

Good Morning!

Do any of you use glassine bags for your tarts? I make wax scented cookies and they would look so cute in these bags. I have searched the forum but couldn't find an answer.....will the bags preserve the scent if they are stored this way?

Edited by Gloria Dawson

I agree they would look cute in them but no they will not preserve the scent. People buy naked tarts all the time so if I was going to do it I would display the tart cookies in a cookie jar and then when they want one slide it in the bag and hand it to them.

thats the way I do them at farmers market.I place a box of snack bags and they pick out what they want and bag them their self,if they choose to.I use 1/2 gallon jars too which looks country style and you can get them 12 for $11.00 .I also use from the party shop food grade cellophane bags,they come in all sizes.I know they hold the scent I have a package here that is 2 years old and still smells wonderful.I either tie some curly ribbon on the top or on line I use a header with label.Just a thought for you.