Has anyone used Procare? For taking credit cards?

Daisymay66

Small business are better off with something like Square. Most of the actual credit card processor charge and arm and a leg. They have a monthly fee, you pay for or rent your terminal, you pay a batch fee, transaction fee for taking each cards then you pay a percent. There is yearly charge I can not remember what it called right now but it so you are in compliance with some banking rule.

Square up, paypal and intuit are cheaper for a small business. I would look at those first all of then send you a free reader and all you need is a smart phone after that.

I agree with Vicky. The big credit card companies can kill you with their monthly charges. It all depends on the amount of transactions you are going to do, and whether you are going to be processing credit cards in person or over the phone/internet. There is a difference in charge % with both Square and Intuit GoPayment, that has to do with whether you have the credit card in hand or are manually entering the information.

I use both Square and Intuit GoPayment for Credit Cards. For me, the Intuit GoPayment credit Card scanner works better than the Square reader, but I believe there is a new Square reader since I got mine, so it may be just as good if not better.

Hope that helps.

They run through the data on your smart phones. So as long as you can send a receive data your transactions go through. If you are out of a service area then you can set it up to run them as soon as you get in a service area. I only found a few times that was an issue but I also have my phone set up to roam. Most areas offer 3g some 4g there is still a few areas out there that service not available those are fewer and fewer all the time.

It can also be run through a Wifi connection for tablets.

I use my IPad.

I had one of the big credit card companies. What a nightmare, I was being charged such a high rate, a monthly fee and also when I quit they just automatically took $250.00 out of my account! They said I did not uphold to my 2 year contact, which I did! Luckly I had saved all the contracts! Did receive my $250.00 back after 6 months of fighting for it!