Soy wax odor?

I'm quite new at this, so have been lurking and learning.

My first soy wax adventure was a pound of the local craft store's flake microwaveable container wax bought on a lark. The first thing I noticed was that it had an odor which, while not really unpleasant, wasn't exactly appealing, either. Not having been exposed to soy wax previously, I thought that was perhaps normal.

I've since purchased some other soy wax - same basic type - and cannot detect that odor, so I have to assume that the first batch I bought had some sort of problem.

I'm curious - anyone else ever run into this, and does anyone know what would cause it?

TIA!

Actually all soy smells but it will vary from crop to crop on how much is smells. It also depend on the person to be able to smell it. Some people are more sensitive to the smell. The same can be said for paraffin to it has an odor also. All waxes do just not everyone can detect the odors or you are so use to it you can not smell it any more.