Cotton Candy FO smells like sweet ash tray and somke.

Bumblebeebabe

Has anyone else had this issue with a cotton candy? or a fo that has a cotton candy note. Like pink or blue sugar? I have a cotton candy fo that makes me out right sick. my best friend says it smells mildly burnt to her but not as bad as I smell it and a few others just smell the sweet. Are there maybe some aroma-chemicals that could cause this?

How is it being used and who is the supplier/manufacturer? This sounds rather strange. It could be how you perceive the fragrance, but I suspect something's wrong with the FO - or it's being used at too high of a concentration. The aroma chems in a Cotton Candy FO shouldn't be causing this type of smell. Hmm?

Edited by rctfavr3

I have had an issue with a few different suppliers cotton candy or things with it in them. But others don't smell it. My Best friend smells a tiny bit of burnt sugar like smell to it, but nothing like what I get. It most be how my nose perceives it. It use to be just one suppliers CC FO that did it and it was not bad like this. Just a bit a burned sugar like my BF. then it grew to other CC FOs and now it is over overpoweringly strong. I have not melted it (it is in a melt not a candle) but I think I may need to see what happens. Cotton Candy is one of my favorite scents so I am really bummed.