Newbie with question about melt and pour creativity

EmpireRecords

Yes you can be creative with both CP and M&P. One of the things that makes M&P easier to be creative with is that you have the option of using clear bases so embeds can create scenes within the soap. Another factor is that CP soap can start to saponify on you rather quickly at times and you have a limited window of manipulating your soap batter.

Probably the best way to see the results is to go check out the soap gallery. You really need to view current work and well as researching as far back as 4-5 yrs to see some awesome M&P and CP soap. Some of the most creative are M&P but then they are some very talented CP masters whose soap creations will knock your socks off.

Yes you can be creative with both CP and M&P. One of the things that makes M&P easier to be creative with is that you have the option of using clear bases so embeds can create scenes within the soap. Another factor is that CP soap can start to saponify on you rather quickly at times and you have a limited window of manipulating your soap batter.

Probably the best way to see the results is to go check out the soap gallery. You really need to view current work and well as researching as far back as 4-5 yrs to see some awesome M&P and CP soap. Some of the most creative are M&P but then they are some very talented CP masters whose soap creations will knock your socks off.

Well said but far easier to be creative with melt and pour and more fun too. :-) You can't CP clear soap- well you could but it's a PITA.

Cp soapers do more of the swirls and bakery soap cakes and such.

MP soapers do beautiful swirls or even scenes in their soap.

Both are really amazing.

I do mostly HP anymore- CP scents aren't strong enough for me- so my soap is "rustic". LOL My MP soap is my wild creative side. You should try both after research and decide which you like better.

I will say try CandyBee's recipes for MP- WOW! I can thank you in person- CB. :-) I make your GM and Honey for myself but your additives are always spot on without killing lather. Amazing. Ok Sorry to hijack with the Candy Bee love fest. :) I've been a lurker for awhile so I'm new to posting here.

Glad you decided to join the party. Love your moniker Stinkydancer!

I think a lot of people prefer being creative with M&P. Its just that with so many soaping videos on Youtube, the Soap Queen at Brambleberry, etc. CP is starting to catch up. I have seen some gorgeous CP soap I wish I could make!

Back to M&P-- if you have the creativity the sky's the limit with M&P. I love how you can do things with embeds in clear soap.