Can anyone recommend really good Monkey Farts and Butt Naked FO that do not discolor

kbapril23

I am trying to find great smelling versions of both Monkey Farts and Butt Naked that do not discolor terribly. Any help with where I might be able to find these would be greatly appreciated. Also, any suggestions for coloring options for these would be super. thanks

Try Cajun Candles..... they carry both and theirs is awesome! :) Call Cajun and ask them about discoloration in soap....they have a toll free # on their web site. I haven't made soap in either scent YET ....just candles, but this Spring I am making in both of these scents...love them! :)

I only do M&P, but I've experienced that the fragrances that discolor in CP also affect my soaps. I cannot comment on ricing or acceleration issues, but I've been going more and more with Lonestar's fragrances for my soaps. I really like the fact that they are IFRA (International Fragrance Association) rated. Good pricing and detailed bottle labeling doesn't hurt either.

I did a ton of researching and testing before I sold any soap and I use Lonestar's "Monkey Farts" and "Butt Naked". Neither discolored and both have excellent Category 9 (Bar Soap) IFRA ratings. The "MF" is very "banana-ey" if you're looking for that.

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/fragranceoils/soapsafe.html

For the record, Nature's Garden fragrances are also IFRA rated, but they list a marginal (4%) bar soap rating on "MF". Customer reviews also mention their "MF" is a bit to "citrusy". I've sampled it and OOB, I concur. I smell more grapefruit than banana.

I make a kids novelty bar using clear M&P base that I embed a small plastic monkey in. I bought the toys from an eBay seller. (Search; Monkey Party Favors)

YES! I state choking hazard warnings on the label and POS material.

I'm not trying to brag, what-so-ever, as it may be a fluke and simply a Christmas gift item, but yesterday we sold over 50 bars in our small farmer's market shop. My wife also took orders for more for next Saturday. We price our bar soap at $4.00 each or 3/$10.00 for a four-ounce bar. We may have been able to sell more because we sold out several hours before we closed. I'm off to make more now.

For the record; I wished ALL fragrance suppliers, especially PEAK offered IFRA data on their "soap safe" fragrances. It may mean a slight increase in price, but I for one would be willing to pay it. I'm sure there are many chandlers who could care less and some experienced soapers who are not that worried just how safe their "soap safe" fragrances actually are, but I'm a "soap-stupid/soap-newbie" and I can use all of the help I can get when making soap that is safe for me to sell. This is just my opinion, however.

Hope this is helpful.

Good luck with whatever your choice is!

Dave

Edited by emilyspoppy

Congrats! Woo Hoo to all your hard work & testing!

I only do M&P, but I've experienced that the fragrances that discolor in CP also affect my soaps. I cannot comment on ricing or acceleration issues, but I've been going more and more with Lonestar's fragrances for my soaps. I really like the fact that they are IFRA (International Fragrance Association) rated. Good pricing and detailed bottle labeling doesn't hurt either.

I did a ton of researching and testing before I sold any soap and I use Lonestar's "Monkey Farts" and "Butt Naked". Neither discolored and both have excellent Category 9 (Bar Soap) IFRA ratings. The "MF" is very "banana-ey" if you're looking for that.

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/fragranceoils/soapsafe.html

For the record, Nature's Garden fragrances are also IFRA rated, but they list a marginal (4%) bar soap rating on "MF". Customer reviews also mention their "MF" is a bit to "citrusy". I've sampled it and OOB, I concur. I smell more grapefruit than banana.

I make a kids novelty bar using clear M&P base that I embed a small plastic monkey in. I bought the toys from an eBay seller. (Search; Monkey Party Favors)

YES! I state choking hazard warnings on the label and POS material.

I'm not trying to brag, what-so-ever, as it may be a fluke and simply a Christmas gift item, but yesterday we sold over 50 bars in our small farmer's market shop. My wife also took orders for more for next Saturday. We price our bar soap at $4.00 each or 3/$10.00 for a four-ounce bar. We may have been able to sell more because we sold out several hours before we closed. I'm off to make more now.

For the record; I wished ALL fragrance suppliers, especially PEAK offered IFRA data on their "soap safe" fragrances. It may mean a slight increase in price, but I for one would be willing to pay it. I'm sure there are many chandlers who could care less and some experienced soapers who are not that worried just how safe their "soap safe" fragrances actually are, but I'm a "soap-stupid/soap-newbie" and I can use all of the help I can get when making soap that is safe for me to sell. This is just my opinion, however.

Hope this is helpful.

Good luck with whatever your choice is!

Dave

Thanks so much, Tracey!

(She's given me permission to use her first name. She's my friend, too!)

I wasn't really ready to introduce soaps in our shop yet, but my wife kept insisting that I set up at least a modest display. I am very encouraged so far. The "Monkey Farts" sale of over 50 bars wasn't even our best selling selection yesterday. I'm not ready to proclaim a profitable venture yet, because it's just to soon to tell. January's sales will be a more accurate indicator for what we should expect from our little shop. I'm hoping for the best, though! It doesn't hurt to hope. It sure would be nice to win one for a change, though.

Dave

Of course, no reason not to use my first name.

Thanks so much, Tracey!

(She's given me permission to use her first name. She's my friend, too!)

I wasn't really ready to introduce soaps in our shop yet, but my wife kept insisting that I set up at least a modest display. I am very encouraged so far. The "Monkey Farts" sale of over 50 bars wasn't even our best selling selection yesterday. I'm not ready to proclaim a profitable venture yet, because it's just to soon to tell. January's sales will be a more accurate indicator for what we should expect from our little shop. I'm hoping for the best, though! It doesn't hurt to hope. It sure would be nice to win one for a change, though.

Dave