What wax will work for this?

I want to make cookie melts (cookie shaped tarts). Saw a video with them being made and they were balling them in their hands and slapping down. The wax I normally use is a soy/palm blend and it is just too sticky to use. Sticks to the hands.

Any ideas for good wax to use for this that is not too sticky or too brittle? Would like to stick to soy but willing to change for this melt.

Thanks,

Kate

I want to make cookie melts (cookie shaped tarts). Saw a video with them being made and they were balling them in their hands and slapping down. The wax I normally use is a soy/palm blend and it is just too sticky to use. Sticks to the hands.

Any ideas for good wax to use for this that is not too sticky or too brittle? Would like to stick to soy but willing to change for this melt.

Thanks,

Kate

I know this doesn't answer your question but I'm curious to how you blend your soy and palm. I use feather palm and would like to blend it with something.

I would use a flexible mold; think that might do the trick. I use the ones from Flexible Molds and NG.

Thanks,

Kate

Thanks,

Kate

Kate,

I've never seen what you are talking about. However, just from your description, I think you might be able to use 1343. As 1343 cools, and begins the phase change process from liquid to solid, there is a point during that phase change where the wax remains fairly pliable, much like cookie dough. And if you smashed balls of it, at the right time, I can see how it could resemble baked cookies. The phase change takes a little while, but should give you enough time to form the wax. You could also incorporate a thermal mass, like a piece of flagstone or granite under your pouring pitcher, which will retain some heat from the wax as it cools, and slow down the phase change process. That will give you better control of the consistency or texture of the wax, and increase the time you have to form the wax.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

Kate

I have seen the same video Kate.....they are just adorable aren't they? :) Looks fun to boot too making them !! Thanks Alan for your answer...you helped both of us on this one! :)