Has this ever happened to anyone?

TerriWV

I'm sure it has happened to someone. I was making a batch of soap a little bit ago, I was going to use KY's Frosted Snowdrops, and do a 2 color swirl.

Everything was going good, and I got it into the mold, and realized I didn't add the FO! Soooo, I guess this will just be an unscented batch, with hopefully a pretty swirl happening. I feel like such a dork.

I'm sure it has happened to someone. I was making a batch of soap a little bit ago, I was going to use KY's Frosted Snowdrops, and do a 2 color swirl.

Everything was going good, and I got it into the mold, and realized I didn't add the FO! Soooo, I guess this will just be an unscented batch, with hopefully a pretty swirl happening. I feel like such a dork.

Been there ....... Done that!! :embarasse :tongue2: I made a great batch of Oatmeal soap, swirls and all, got it in the mold, then started to clean up my mess. Only then did I realize the FO was still in the container! UGH! I hope yours turns out nice ....... even without the FO. ;)

I have left out one of the ingredients before too, LOL. Short of having a check list in front of you, I think we all have done this at some point before.

I wasn't going to tell that part..but it was sitting in front of me, still on the scale! :rolleyes2

I've done that before as well as forgetting an oil. My last mistake was to add my lye and water that should have been for 100 oz of oils but instead, I only added 64 oz of oil. I accidently based my lye and water amounts on the percentage of oils and butters instead of the weight. Oh well, good thing there is rebatching. :wink2:

Yup. Now I put the FO container in the mold so I don't forget!

I usually do that too, but this time, I was busy with other things, and left it sit on the scale. yesterday, I only seemed to have a one track mind, and probably should have skipped soap making.