Question about wicking a mini loaf pan

Ok...so I have never wicked a loaf pan before (or anything that needed multiple wicks for that matter), and so I was hoping I could run my thought process by you all, and see if you could let me know if I am heading in the right direction for my testing. Is double wicking an oblong container (like a loaf pan) just a simple as taking the length measurement of the pan, halving it, and picking the wick that best suits the half dimensions? If this is true, here is what I am working with and what I am thinking:

4627 with HTP wicks (both from Peaks, and I have multiple wick sizes)

CS Pumpkin Souffle FO

mini aluminum loaf pans (bottom measures 5" x 2.5" and top measures 5.5" x 3.25")

Based on the dimension of the loaf pan, I figured I would start my testing with two HTP 62s or two 73s. To be honest, that just seems so easy, and I feel like I am missing something...is there a crucial element that I am overlooking, or have I just over thought it to the point of utter confusion?

That's what I did. I only use bakery scents in my loaf pans and ended up wicking up. I don't use HTP but I'd start with the 73. I also made a paper template of the bottom of the loaf pan and figured the center of each side and punched a hole. I lay the template in the loaf pan and make a dot with a marker where each wick goes.

Thanks so much for the reassuring reply! The template and dot trick is absolute genus!! I have the loaf pans sitting her at my computer and I have been looking at them all day wondering how I was going to properly wick them. I figured I could measure the bottom (each one individually of course...since I had not thought of using a template...again genus!) and then make an indent with my nail or something sharp to show me where to put the tabs, but knowing me, there is a high chance I would poke through the pan. Thank you so much for sharing this!

I was teetering on weather to start my tests with the 62 or 73 wick, and you helped me make up my mind! Bakery scents are my absolute favorites...yum!