WoW Look What I saw on my News Today

I know I am late coming into this, but I just saw it. I totally agree with you and it angers me to see America pimping their GMO soy so much. It is just as bad for people and maybe more so because of soy allergies and the fact that GMO's are increasing the level of allergies people are having. Also it is bad the the eco system. ALL of the 4 main (as far as I know only) Soy wax companies use GMO soy. 98% of US soy is either directly GMO or created using a strain of GMO. The other 2% is saved for baby formula or grown in small amounts by small farms for local sell or self use. It is NOT a renewable or sustainable resource. ALL Organic matters create some carbon when burning so that is an outright LIE. Also telling people to make sure it says SOY wax or Bees wax is just leading them to false security because there are NO regulations on labeling candles in America and if you have more then I think it is 20% soy you can label it a soy candle and leave out the fact that you use any other wax. Also the fragrance oils should have an MSDS with them. If the company wont provide it go to someone else. The MSDS is very helpful in telling if and what toxic chemicals it has. They also tell you what amounts are same in all products that come in to contact with skin. They do not limit the amount you can use in a candle. The MSDS and IFRA are very strict. If it passes with them it is safe. So this is just our american government trying to frighten people into using soy. That is my two cents. lol And FYI I use both soy and paraffin in my candles and bees wax in my body care. I know nothing is perfect. I just hate when they lie to make something look better when in truth it is really not. the only wax I wont use is palm because I can not find rainforest friendly wax and I don't see how a neat wax effect is worth destroying a whole rainforest.

Edited by Bumblebeebabe