Anyone try Yaley wax?

cracker

Michaels used to carry raw paraffin wax under the Yaley brand. I think a year or so ago all the waxes look the same, but they are under a more generic looking "Michaels" brand.

I have used the plain paraffin from Michaels (with a 50% off coupon only) for basic pillars and tapers. I now buy cases of basic paraffin for a cheaper price.

I see their brand as being the most basic of waxes, but at a much higher price than buying a larger quantity online. I have used their wicks on spools, but not the packaged wicks since i didn't know what kind of wick it was since it is pretty generic.

If they sell a "tart" blend of paraffin i'm sure it's probably something like IGI 4794.

Yep, used Yaley's from the craftstore when I 1st started making candles then graduated to the good stuff from candle suppliers. It's ok but you have to add a lot of additives to do anything other than make a so-so candle. Last time I checked the price at the craftstore it was off the charts.

Same here.

Yep, used Yaley's from the craftstore when I 1st started making candles then graduated to the good stuff from candle suppliers. It's ok but you have to add a lot of additives to do anything other than make a so-so candle. Last time I checked the price at the craftstore it was off the charts.