First Pour - Pure Fun

First - I like to write about positive, happy things. I apologize that my first pour posting will not be filled with formulas and notes (which I did take) but more with sharing some emotions with some that may "get" me.

I am not yet allowed to post in the OT yet, but please mods, move if this is inappropriate for this topic area. I also see feedback as a gift. I will stick to formula and questions if that is more appropriate if requested.

After the morning cup, I headed down to the garage to melt some wax. Swept up, set up, and looked at 3 daunting boxes of wax...Decided to just start with the one with the smallest amount in it, pillar blend #5. I heated up a pound of it while cleaning out the pour pot. Set down a 6 votive mold, a hex votive, and 10 tealights, shot the votives with Pam, checked my presto and oh wow, 220 on the thermo. Adjusted temp, did the checklist....Molds, wick pins, tealight wick tabs, color block...ok, let's do this....

Stirred, checked temps, poured, set tea light wicks, watched.......

While I watched the wax set up, I glanced at my wall clock and noticed the temp was 52 in the garage....Guess we will truly see how much I need to adjust my environment....

I cleaned up, unplugged, organized, and watched....

I grabbed two of the tea lights that looked nice and close to set up and brought them up for my fiance' to examine. The smile on her face said it all and I set to burn one....very nice....

A couple hours later after helping do chores, I went down and turned over my octo-votive and it popped right out. A little push and pull on the pin and it was free. Slapped a tabbed wick in and set in a holder. Pulled one of the 6 standards from the mold and pulled the pin and quickly wicked.... Up they came to a big "oooohhh and ahhh" so needless to say, I had a big smile on my face.

Long road ahead, but the first step was a very fun, beautiful one that brought a smile to a couple's face.

I will need to build a photo box for future, but here is my first pour results.

post-30415-139458514135_thumb.jpg

Up they came to a big "oooohhh and ahhh" so needless to say, I had a big smile on my face.

You think that's a high, just wait till you pour your first rustic pillar....It's like that new bride feeling....you know you're going to get it .... ya just don't know when!!

:highfive:

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, Pam.... I decided to wick up a 3" round mold and pour it with a couple votives....I poured way too hot and got a bad sink hole even with relief holes. Going to remelt this afternoon and try to pour at 160 instead of 180 and see if I can get my first pillar this week. Hope everybody had a great long weekend!