Need Help with GB 444 & Mason Jars

I have been testing the 16 oz Mason Jars from Candle Science with the GB 444 wax. Candle Science recommends the Eco 12 & Eco 14 Wicks. I am not coloring these, I have been using 1 oz pp of fragrance oil. They have excellent excellent cold throw but I can't smell any hot throw at all. These were poured last week and candlescience said I should be able to smell them by now but I am getting nothing. Plus I notice that even with the Eco 14 they are not getting a complete melt pool. Test burning for 4 hours. Please someone have some suggestions.

I have not used that wax but did play with 464 awhile back ago and use C3 now...imo, soy needs a higher % of fo pp than paraffin. I use 8.5% with C3 and I believe with 464 I used 1.5oz pp. I usually try to let them cure a full week before testing. With the 464, I used ECO's but with C3 prefer CDN's. Not all fo's will work well with soy...from CS ones that throw great for me are Macintosh, Xmas Hearth, Mistletoe, Pumpkin Souffle, Lime Cooler to name a few,..hth.

How many inches diameter is your mp? What is diameter of your container? I use 444 with ecos and I like them. Some fos do 't throw well for me, e.g. green tea lemongrass. But others are nice...like beach linen, scotch pine, cinn stick etc. Maybe after subsequent burns the hangup will catch up? Mine take one or two burns (beyond the first) but i do not use masons. Also what room are you burning in? One of my rooms is a large vaulted 18 foot ceiling room that is like three rooms in one. I don't test for ht here. I take them to a normal good sized room with 10 foot ceilings.

On the mason jars it says it has a diameter of 3". The one I started in my bathroom which is tiny I used Iced lemon Cookies from Aztec and the one in my bedroom which I am guessing to be about 12" with regular ceilings was Roasted Chestnuts from BC. I just took a picture of both if someone could tell me how to load them I will show you. LOL

In my limited experience with 444 wax I struggled with wicking my 3" jars as well. CD wicks seemed to burn a little hotter than the ECO's I was testing and provided a little better control over the melt pool. Maybe try a sample of CD wicks? Try not to change too many variables at once and work on one issue at a time.

Just let it burn over the next few days and assess hangup etc once the candle is completely burned. Also have another person walk in to get a whiff of ht. Sometimes my candle nose lasts a few days esp when i am pouring a ton.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Carrie I am going to try your suggestion with the HTP. I tried another one today with the Eco Wicks. It was sinus relief and when I took the lid off it, it would blow you away the CT was so strong. I started it with the bathroom door shut, checked it in one hour, no scent, and it was the same with two hour and three. There is at least 1/4 of an inch of hangup totally around the jar. I tried to continue burning the one yesterday like suggested and it just got worse and worse So I really don't think this wick is working at all. On the one yesterday I switched it out on the last burn of the day for the CD wick and still got nothing. I will let you guys know how this wick does. I can't believe the CT would be so good and get absolutely nothing out of the hot throw. Thanks

Ok today I am burning the Wildberry Moouse from Candle Science. Eco 14 wick. Melt pool is perfect but still absolutely no scent throw. Great CT just nothing hot. When I made these I followed CS's instructions to the T. I heated my wax to 185 added in my fragrance oil, let it cool down to 135 and poured. A friend today told me that I should be adding the fragrance oil at 150 instead. Please help. :)