Someone selling locally - SCARY!

I would grab a pic, but that's probably not ethically right!

I just saw a lady list locally her candles. :shocked2:

#1 - They seem pretty expensive for what they are.

#2 - You need to see a pic. The labels are all (poorly) hand written with NO information other than a scent name. I mean, you can't take the time to research and do a proper fricken LABEL (which is the FACE of your 'company') than you just know she didn't do the proper testing.

I'm sitting here obsessing over how good my melts are and safety and throw and burning time and all that and then you have people that see something on Pinterest and start to sell. It's awful. Wickless us one thing, but a wicked candle can be deadly if it's done wrong!!

Well, my products are going to look AMAZING listed a few posts above hers anyway. :o

Sometimes I see the exact opposite...a candle with a wonderful label and shoddy craftsmanship. I tend to be hypercritical of candles when I see them in stores or at arts/craft shows; especially when I see a 6oz tin that is being sold for like $20-$25. I personally do not label my containers (except the caution label on the bottom); rather I use hang tags...I feel the label can detract from the beauty of the jar/candle.

• 4 weeks later...
Sometimes I see the exact opposite...a candle with a wonderful label and shoddy craftsmanship.

American retail culture emphasizes brand image over substance. Most of the garden-variety candles you'll see in corporate retail stores fit this; cheap-quality wax, cheap-quality additives, machine-made and untouched by human hands, with fancy packaging. Unfortunately, the American consumer has fallen for the brand image allure and sometimes fails to notice the lack of value inherent.