Good wax blend for hot plate and Scentsy?

LovingScentedTarts

Hi everyone- I'm just getting into the testing phase and trying out all different blends (preblended and blending my own). I was just curious if you had any blend suggestions that you think work well both in a lightbulb Scentsy-type warmer AND a hot plate? I'm wanting to appeal to both types of people.

Also, if there's a paraffin blend that could have a low enough melt point for a light bulb warmer, that would be awesome- I hate having to wait for things to cure and also telling people that they have to wait!

Thanks!

Well, you could actually get as many answers as members here!

I have used, and tested, both types of warmers. I have yet to make any paraffin melt that would not melt in both. The plate warmer gives me immediate throw but not longevity. Bulb warmers a less immediate HT but better longevity.

What waxes have you bought and/or tested thus far?

Hi everyone- I'm just getting into the testing phase and trying out all different blends (preblended and blending my own). I was just curious if you had any blend suggestions that you think work well both in a lightbulb Scentsy-type warmer AND a hot plate? I'm wanting to appeal to both types of people.

Also, if there's a paraffin blend that could have a low enough melt point for a light bulb warmer, that would be awesome- I hate having to wait for things to cure and also telling people that they have to wait!

Thanks!

People say that 4625 works well. I poured some a few days ago and testing it tonight (cinnamon) with a scentsy warmer and quite frankly the HT is very very light. I am not really happy with it.

People say that 4625 works well. I poured some a few days ago and testing it tonight (cinnamon) with a scentsy warmer and quite frankly the HT is very very light. I am not really happy with it.

What temp did you add the FO? What percentage? Have you tried the 4625 with any other wax? That will be one of the hardest waxes (alone) to melt in a bulb warmer but it will work.

What temp did you add the FO? What percentage? Have you tried the 4625 with any other wax? That will be one of the hardest waxes (alone) to melt in a bulb warmer but it will work.

temp was 190. It is melting ok, but maybe its not getting hot enough?

maybe I should mix some gb 415 or 6006 in there.

ok, I just took the temp and it only 109. with still some congealed wax.

Can I remelt the melts that I poured and add some other wax to it or should I just start over..

Edited by chrisasst

I also mix 4625 with some 4627 for my melts. I never did any testing per say, I just mixed some up and put it in my warmers and thought it was pretty awesome so I've been going with it ever since.

Edited by MissKasey

temp was 190. It is melting ok, but maybe its not getting hot enough?

maybe I should mix some gb 415 or 6006 in there.

ok, I just took the temp and it only 109. with still some congealed wax.

Can I remelt the melts that I poured and add some other wax to it or should I just start over..

I would try adding your FO at 185.

I would not.remelt those you have made. It will take longer for a melt made entirely of 4625 to melt completely but it will.

Edited by justajesuschick