Daystar Oils - OO bottle review as I unpack the box.... :)

puma52

I got my oils today and just couldn't WAIT to unpack them! Vanilla Coconut- First impression was that these oils are going to be GREAT! I love coconut and vanilla both and this will make an awesome candle and blender for tropical candles and in bakery candles...LOVE this one... this would be awesome in soap too!! :) Cake Batter - Smells just like off the beater!! Oh Yeah... this is going to be an excellent scent for both candles and blending!! :) Southern Iced Tea - Gracious folks!! Get me a glass w/ice...I am going to pour me a tall cool one!! Smells just like it :) Toffee Sugar Crunch - This will be excellent in soaps, lotion, actually any body product and candles!! I can smell the toffee and sugar and it smells VERY creamy to me too and clean. Not overpowering at all. Will be delightful! LOVE!! :) Buttercream Frosting!! - OH MY GOSH!!!! This is the BEST buttercream frosting I have ever smelled!!! Other buttercreams I have bought have been really light...whoa, not this!! I am just now dreaming of blending this with peppermint, vanilla, coconut, crème brulee, buttercream crunch, sugar cookie, the cake batter I got in this order and other bakery scents.....oh if you are looking for a rich buttercream..get thyself to the computer and to Daystar right away!!! Love this!!! :) Honey Nectar - If you have been looking for a wonderful honey scent, this is awesome.....no florals, nothing else, just beehive honey!!! Oh my gosh, this will be heavenly blended with vanilla, cakes, bakery and floral scents and even by itself!! This will make a absolutely awesome soap....LOVE, LOVE....just a heavenly nothing but honey scent!!! :) Marshmallow The Original - Smells exactly like a big ole fat marshmallow that I am putting on the end of a roasting stick!! Wow!!! LOVE!!!! She also gave me a Red, White and Blue pen and magnet (love) with her info on it. Now THAT was one fun box to open! Thanks Stacy!! OK, I love Daystar's Oils....can you tell???!!! Will I will be back to order?.......DEFINITELY!!

For you folks that have bought her oils before, do you use 1 oz per lb of wax or less? It sure seems that I could use less from the strength of these! Thanks for any info you can share. Appreciate it! :)

Edited by puma52

I can use less sometimes but for ease of use, I use 1 oz pp in my soy. I've smelled lots of the oils and have a huge collection over here. Stacy discontinued one of my oils and let me have her last bit of it because I was in love with it so much!! I will forever be able to put that one on as a perfume.

She has an affinity for vanillas and bakery and also high end perfumery. I've loved every oil I've ordered.

The only one I can't get to throw well is sweetgrass and it is such an amazing smelling oil......anyone who has tried this tell me what I need to do!!!!! I'm in love with this one too.

I can use less sometimes but for ease of use, I use 1 oz pp in my soy. I've smelled lots of the oils and have a huge collection over here. Stacy discontinued one of my oils and let me have her last bit of it because I was in love with it so much!! I will forever be able to put that one on as a perfume.

She has an affinity for vanillas and bakery and also high end perfumery. I've loved every oil I've ordered.

The only one I can't get to throw well is sweetgrass and it is such an amazing smelling oil......anyone who has tried this tell me what I need to do!!!!! I'm in love with this one too.

I too have sweet grass and I absolutely love it but unfortunately for me I can't get a good hot throw either, I repoured it yesterday and added the fragrance at a lower temp , just waiting for it to cure. I will report back and let you know if I get any better hot throw.

Thanks Lorelei, just as you do, I think I'll keep doing what I have always done, 1 oz pp. I hope you and Joannec get some feedback on your sweetgrass. I just received some sweetgrass from BCN last week and I did a blend of .40 Hayride, .40 Autumn Leaves and .20 Sweetgrass. The blend smells wonderful. I am also planning on mixing it in some floral scents, green and Spa type scents and also in Patchouli to enhance the scents and to add a little some different. :)

Edited by puma52