Help

I want to thank in advance for your help!! Poured my first candles last night... Let them set over night the jars look like they have white residue next to the glass. This is what I did 2 lbs of soy Golden Brands 415 1 1/2 pounds, 1.25 ounce of Cinnamon stick fragrance,2 drops of brown dye, Eco-4 2.5" wick. Melted wax to 180, poured fragrance at 180 added dye. mix fragrance,wax and dye for about 2 mins. let the wax cool until 125 then I poured in a Hex. 4oz glass container. The humidity was 62 percent and cloudy. Can anyone tell what I did wrong?

Thanks....

Sounds like frosting which is a normal characteristic of soy. You can try tempering the wax and/or adding up to 1 tbs pp of USA (universal soy additive) to help control the frosting or if you don't like the look of it, go dye free. Many choose not to dye their candles...imo, it gives an upscale look to them.

With the 415 you also may want to try pouring cooler...at the slushy stage. HTH

Edited by lmc

You may get more answers if you post in the veg forum :)

I do not use soy, but if I read correctly, you added 1.25 oz. of FO to 2 lbs of GB 415? If so, I think you could use more FO. If you're testing for HT, you'll have to give them time to cure (another reason why I stick with paraffin, lol).

Good luck!

I want to thank in advance for your help!! Poured my first candles last night... Let them set over night the jars look like they have white residue next to the glass. This is what I did 2 lbs of soy Golden Brands 415 1 1/2 pounds, 1.25 ounce of Cinnamon stick fragrance,2 drops of brown dye, Eco-4 2.5" wick. Melted wax to 180, poured fragrance at 180 added dye. mix fragrance,wax and dye for about 2 mins. let the wax cool until 125 then I poured in a Hex. 4oz glass container. The humidity was 62 percent and cloudy. Can anyone tell what I did wrong?

Thanks....

Thanks for the information.. thinking about going dye free. made some clamshell with white citrus fragrance with no dye they look pretty good. Made some Bluebonnet used one drop of purple dye they also look pretty good. I also made Ocean breeze clamshells they all look ok but 2 they have the white frosting on the bottom. Ravens sorry I didn't use 2lbs of soy. I used 1 1/2 lbs of soy. I will post in the Veg. forum about this..

Thanks again for your help....