So here goes with my 1st question:)

I'm using 8oz Kerr canning jars. I've been using a HTP 105 and it seems to be working good. I tried that same size wick in the 16oz reg mouth canning jars but its struggling. I've also tried the next size HTP wick 1212 in it but I'm wondering if that is to big? There is no size wick in between those 2, right? I was also thinking of trying the CD wicks. Would anyone be able to give me a starting point for the 8 & 16oz jar using CD wicks? Thank you all so much & God bless!

Not all canning jars are created equal. Use a wide mouthed jar with straight sides and not curved. I used the same wicking in 8 or 16 oz jars back in the day. The diameters are the same. Question #1: What kind of wax are you testing? Question #2: What fragrance oil and what percentage the same for both candles (are you using color) ? Question #3: Struggles in what area of the burn (beginning-middle-end) ? Not trying to be a smarty pants with you but more information helps for advice. This is the fun part of candle making....testing. HTH

Steve

I'm sorry, I should of known to give more info!

I'm using 100% soy wax

No color, using mostly bakery scents from AH/RE. Butternut Pumpkin, Creamy Cinnamon & Vanilla, Apple & Pumpkin Strudel

1oz per pound. Struggles in the beginning of the 16oz reg mouth jar candles and never recovers from it. quite a bit of hang up even after 4 burns. The 8 oz seems to burn good with HTP 105 but not with the 1212. But I'm thinking the 1212 is to big for that jar..thank you all so much for your willingness to help me! Have a great morning!

Bakery fragrances are tough to wick in any medium, much less soy. Cinnamon and vanilla are basically wicked ingredients that create chaos in a wick IMHO. You might try an eco wick but personally, I like cdn wicks the best. They burn a little hotter than cd wicks and they don't seem to clog as much. You can usually pin point system troubles to a clogged wick (think artery) or lack of oxygen from poor air circulation. So try two areas; change wick types and different amounts of fo. HTH

Steve

A 126 is smaller than 1212....... it's geared for 3.75" to 4" jars... 1212's are 4" as well as 1312's for over 4" jars. I use 126's in my 8oz mason jars for many of the bakery fragrances. Would be glad to send ya a few to try instead of having to purchase a bunch.

Hi SherriLynn!

That would be so nice of you! I don't have a ruler with me but my hubby says it is no more than 3 inches. Just ain't having any luck figuring this out. Some people tell me the 126 burn hotter than the 1212. I'm ok with the 105 in my 8oz mason jar but the 105 wick is to small in the 16oz reg mouth jar. The 1212 gets 2 hot IMO. Thanks so very much for your offer!

HTP 126 is not smaller than the 1312, based on the wick's burn properties, however, that does not necessarily mean that it won't be the perfect wick for your application. As I have said many times, buy sample packs of wicks and test them. Any advice given here is just a starting point, you still have to do the testing.

Edited by rjdaines