Glade Wax Melts

doglvr

My daughter went to Walmart in Iowa this morning and called to tell me that Glade now has an eight compartment clamshell and they are selling wax melts in all of their scents for 2.00 each. Wow. She's just putting them in her burners now, but said the cold throw is amazing. I wonder if they will go longer than the Better Homes and Gardens that are super strong, but don't last long. I might hit Walmart this afternoon and see if we have them here yet. My goodness, how can anyone compete with that price and then put shipping on top of it all? When she gives me a report or if I try them, I'll post again. :angry2:

Jackie

I am putting one Cashmere Woods in one burner now and Apple Cinnamon in another, so I will let you know in half an hour! There are 8 to the clamshell, but they were 2.98 at my Walmart. They're also not poured like we do ours. They are individual little squares that fall right out. Wax kind of looks mottled, like Yankee tarts do. So I will be back shortly!

Jackie

The Apple Cinnamon is really good and strong in my bedroom. Totally filling the room at 1.5 hours. The Cashmere Woods is in the living room with the air conditioner blowing it all over the place, but I can still smell it. I'll post again when I see how long they go. For 3.00 bucks to get 8 tarts (if they go that long) is a pretty good deal, but limited scents. They did something cool with the lavender/peach. There are 4 lavender and then 4 peach so you can mix them or melt them individually for each scent. I also got their vanilla. I can never hardly smell vanillas - just me, I know. So if I can smell this I will be amazed. But, so far so good.

Jackie

Well, Thank Goodness, not too impressive. The Cashmere Woods stopped at about 2 1/2 hours. I can still smell the Apple Cinnamon, but it's faint enough that I would call it done. So about three hours? BH&G go a little longer than that and I do think they are stronger, too. But, people will buy them just because they are there and they don't have to wait. Not everyone knows there's a whole world of excellent tart makers out there, so they think this is as good as it gets. It was only two scents I tried and there are more, but I would guess they're all going to be about the same. I wouldn't buy them again, but was curious and just had to!

Jackie

I tried them, but not impressed. A few months ago I also tried Tyler's clamshells, 4 different fragrances; very short-lived and not strong. For some reason, I was really disappointed in a way, always thought (and I really don't know why) Tyler made great products, but I suppose their number 1 asset is the "gift of the gab", lol.

A few weeks ago I tried both candles and tarts from a rather well-known chandler, and was left wondering what the raving were all about. Maybe I have candlenose? :undecided

I wasn't putting my money on longevity at least not from glade, and that's just my opinion.. but like you said Jackie people don't know about the many tart and candle makers that have excellent products out here...sad...and we continue to fight...lol