Non comedogenic oils for OCM

Is your CO abbreviation Coconut Oil or Castor Oil? Coconut Oil has a Fairly High rating on the charts for blocking pores. Both Castor and Olive Oil are low. When I was researching this method I did read that a couple of people had a sensitivity to Olive Oil in their blends. Switching to Sunflower seemed to resolve this problem. From my understanding (pretty limited), Castor is what really cleanses the skin. Including other oils offsets the drying affect of Castor and helps the castor to penetrate the skin to draw the impurities to the surface so it can be removed. I'm not sure if you would get the same cleansing if the blend didn't have Castor. I would try subbing out the OO with another oil. Not sure I would use Coconut though.

You probably found these, but here are a couple of charts that I have bookmarked.

http://www.beneficialbotanicals.com/facts-figures/comedogenic-rating.html

http://www.soapnuts.com/noncomo.html

Good luck with your blend. :)

J

Try these:

www.soapdiscoveries.blogspot.com

www.beneficialotanicals.com

Both have charts with comedogenic ratings. I found it interesting to compare different charts I found on the web.

Also, one from www.soapnuts.com

Probably my favorite website with tons of info on oils is www.fromnaturewithlove.com . They don't have a chart but have lots of great info on oils in general. There is so much info there it would take weeks to go through it all.

Edited by Candybee