Wick Question.....

I came across a website (store) which i'm not sure if I can mention who they are.....anyhow, they sell "Low Smoke Zinc Wicks" and I tried to put in an order but unfortunately they won't ship to Canada any longer...

Anyone familiar with these wicks and are they any different/better than the regular zinc wicks??

Connie

Connie, I've tried them in a couple of containers. The low smoke 21 was the only wick I could get to work in the 8 oz tins. To me they seem to burn a little hotter than a regular zinc. Don't know that they are better just different. I use the LS 21z when a 51z doesn't work.

Connie, I've tried them in a couple of containers. The low smoke 21 was the only wick I could get to work in the 8 oz tins. To me they seem to burn a little hotter than a regular zinc. Don't know that they are better just different. I use the LS 21z when a 51z doesn't work.

Speaking of which, where did you get them Sharyl? I finally got to try them and it's looking real good. I'm getting some smoke, but I'm sure it's because the wick is too large. I'm guessing they make one smaller than the LS 21z, hoping so anyway. Thanks to you, I finally have some hope of getting this mug wicked right :highfive:

I've tried them, but I wasn't too impressed to be honest. I didn't find that they really smoked less than regular zincs, so I stick to the regular ones now. Plus, WSP has always reamed me on shipping/handling fees and I refuse to buy anything from them.