Discoloration after Burning

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I have been using two mixes of 464/4630, sometimes the 464 is the dominant, and sometimes 4630 is dominant, depending on the FO. In both cases, after burning for a few hours, even when the melt pool seems to be OK, once the flame(s) is extinguished and the candle re-sets, the area which was burning has turned a different color than the rest. This occurs whether I use dye or not. Some other threads suggested this was an issue with ECO wicks but I've had this happen with HTP wicks also. For my own candles I don't care but I had a question about it from someone else. Does this mean the wicks are too hot? It took me such a long time to find wicks that worked well that I feel like I'll have a breakdown if I have to start testing all over again and I'm hoping there's another solution.

Please help. Thanks.

I've made candles using c3 and 4627 and with both waxes the melt pool turned an icky shade of brown only when using eco wicks, which i believe has to do with how hot they burn. However it's interesting to note that no other wicks have ever done this and i've tried them all! I did have a wax turn an icy blue green after burning but that was from the oil itself, not the wicks.

Edited by Zelda

I wish I was able to narrow it down like that but I've had this happen with ECO, HTP and CSN wicks, basically all the ones I've used. How did you know the change in color the one time was due to the oil?