article re: candle soot

SOS, what another stupid article. Trim the wicks, no soot, unless of course the candle is not made properly. I have never had to replace one single thing in my house due to soot.

One homeowner in Texas faced nearly $200,000 in damages and replacement costs because of candle soot. The soot particles infested her heating and cooling ductwork, which had to be replaced. Much of her furniture was covered by candle soot.

LMAO, probably had 10 inch high flames

I can't even imagine what kind of a candle would do that. I don't understand why soot in duct work would cause replacement in the first place. When we built our house 3 years ago there was tons of sheet rock dust and junk in our heating ducts that we had the ducts in our house professionally cleaned. I have allergies and I have the ducts in our home cleaned every spring. I have never been told that I should replace them instead. This whole article seems insane to me. But I'm not selling insurance either!:P

I can't even imagine what kind of a candle would do that.

The kind that people are always telling you they can get for $3 at Wal-Mart. ;)

We really should print out copies of things like that. Put them in a scrap book titled " Why you don't want cheap candles". Add in some of those bad candle pics that someone was looking for.