Scoopable Tarts

Dolphin146

I was thinking of making some scoopable tarts. But I can't find any directions for making them. I am looking for a starting point. Any help would be great.

Me too! Want to make them multiple, complimenting scents but also cannot find any info on how to make them. I'm not exactly leaning toward tarts for the scoopable but a larger amount that would be put in a small container. Maybe a 3-5 oz souffle cup or something along those lines.

Most containers waxes I have used would be considered scoopable. Admittedly 4627 is a sticky scoopable, but still. I add a touch more than 50% of a votive or pillar wax to alleviate the sticky and to firm them up. You could start with something like 4630 (less sticky) and add 5%-10% or so a votive pillar wax until you got the constistency you wished. Likewise, most of the soy I worked with was a bit oily which would help with it being scoopable.

I like the concept. Not that hard...there are some creative ways to get that wax to look scoopable...I've seen some use a potato masher with some 415 & a touch of paraffin & just label it pretty. I like this idea far better than the squeeze stuff!

Thanks for the ideas I will have to play around with waxes and see what I come up with. I like the idea of a scoopable wax for melts. I think they would sell good in my area. I don't like the idea of the squeeze wax. It seems to messy for me.

Has anyone tried making the scent beads from candlesoylutions?

I am curious if they throw good after soaking them in scent- I have tried bean pods little beads and they didn't throw that great but like the concept- if it can work

Has anyone tried making the scent beads from candlesoylutions?

I am curious if they throw good after soaking them in scent- I have tried bean pods little beads and they didn't throw that great but like the concept- if it can work

If they are made from EL soy, I did try it a couple years ago. The scent took pretty good but I had trouble getting them colored anymore than very pastel. Had them in a bowl to see if they scented the room, but they only scented directly around the area the bowl was.

It could have been something I did wrong where they needed more FO or something. I do remember putting them in a plastic bag and having to smoosh the dye, FO and soy bead mixture around a couple times a day until they absorbed most of it. I think they soaked for maybe 3-5 days before I took them out, if I'm remembering right.

Yes it is EL soy wax pastilles- the recipe calls them scented soy drops or soy beads

Did you try putting them in a tart warmer at all? Or just in a normal bowl - I want to try it but I am having a hard time believing FO can just soak into wax beads without melting and give off a decent hot throw- but if it does work I think it may be a cool new thing to add in a few scents to see how it goes

Yes it is EL soy wax pastilles- the recipe calls them scented soy drops or soy beads

Did you try putting them in a tart warmer at all? Or just in a normal bowl - I want to try it but I am having a hard time believing FO can just soak into wax beads without melting and give off a decent hot throw- but if it does work I think it may be a cool new thing to add in a few scents to see how it goes

I did not put them in a warmer. Just put them in a bowl. I remember when I first read about them, I had doubts too. There was scent there, just not enough to fill a room, so they did soak the FO into the pastilles, but it did take several days for them to do that. I'm not sure if I would go out and buy them to do it, but if I had some on hand, I'd try it again.

HTH and GL. Let us know if they work out for you.

Edited by jeanie353

I have a large mold to make small round wax balls with. I got it from candlewic I am gonna try that and see how well they work in a warmer. I think they would be neat to mix up different scents in Like Strawberry Ice cream, chocolate and cherry I bet I could come up with some really neat scent mixes. Then I could color them to match each scent like red and white for strawberry ice cream.

• 1 month later...

Did you ever figure out how to do it? I picked up these 2 cute little jars with tin lids at the $1 store the other day I'd like to put scoopables in.

Do you just mix the 4627 & pillar wax 50/50 (basically my tart blend) and whip it?