Choosing a WAX. ..(Newbie)

I have been making some candles for about 2-3 months , just playing around and am hooked on it. Especially the fragrance choices. I made4several candles put the fo at pouring..wrong!!, Also did not use enough FO Ecosoy 135 at 1oz Pp...not enoughto get good hot throw...Now am trying to put in 1.5 PP but am not sure about using this wax.

The wicks are from Peak/ used 6 oz and 8 oz tins using eco size 70 and 75 and find still no throw to speak of.

Finally to myquestion.. Would I be better off using GB 415 or 464 something like that to get the throw and then which wick\? This is an expensive hobby and I want to sell on ebay if poss even e..Any suggestions from anyone would be very helpful.. I have been reading as much as I can on this forum and old posts as well to learn. Thanks for your input.

karinz40

The only soy waxes I use on occasion are the GB 415 and the C-3; I prefer the HT I get from the 415, but the C-3 gives a great smooth top. Have a question; you mentioned using an ECO 70 or 75. Did you mean a cotton wick (like those sold at Peak's)?

It might be worth it to stick with your original wax for a while longer. It's possible you just haven't hit on the right type/size wick yet. Search the forum for your wax & look for tips on wicks & FO load.

Yes the cotton wicks from Peak. They seem to work well with the 135 but the HT is not good on this wax for me. that'swhy I want to do the 415 and maybe through in a touch of 2630, using the same wicks, I ordered a couple sample bags from peak of both and will see what happens. I do hve a question. I had originally made a few candles 6 and 8 oz tins and poured the fo in at the time I poured the candle,stirring well but of course the HT was not there. SO Can I remelt these and add another or the same FO at the high temp. Will thery turn out good do you think with HT and all.??

Thanks ahead for the i

advise.

Yes the cotton wicks from Peak. They seem to work well with the 135 but the HT is not good on this wax for me. that'swhy I want to do the 415 and maybe through in a touch of 2630, using the same wicks, I ordered a couple sample bags from peak of both and will see what happens. I do hve a question. I had originally made a few candles 6 and 8 oz tins and poured the fo in at the time I poured the candle,stirring well but of course the HT was not there. SO Can I remelt these and add another or the same FO at the high temp. Will thery turn out good do you think with HT and all.??

Thanks ahead for the i

advise.

I'm not sure I am understanding, but are you asking if you can remelt candles you have made with FO in them and add more FO to those? If so, I would say no. You need to weigh your FO according to the percentage of FO to wax you are going to use. The max you should go is whatever the mfg. instructions for any particular wax is. In most cases, it is not necessary to use max FO percentage. Less is more many times with candles and HT.