ICS Zucchini Bread and Peach Cobbler wicking help

so-soy

Ok, I love these two scents. They smell wonderful. But I'm finding out with my normal wick they are drowning out in pure soy gb415 cd 12 in half pint jj. I've wicked up to a cd14 and am having the same results. Anyone find they have to wick up on these two oils or have issues wicking them? Everything else is the same as other candles that I make. I'm using 1.5 oz pp with the peach cob and 1.2 pp with the zucchini bread. Thanks for any input. I love the fragrance and I want to make these work but going to an even higher wick is a scary thought for this jar. Ok, maybe I will try wicking down also. Thats worked in the past on some oils. Otherwise will have to try less FO too. So just curious as to what others have found with these scents! Thank you!

Hi! It has always been my experience with bakery scents that I always need to start with a cd14. However, I always just use 1oz pp and ez soy is my soy wax. The largest wick I have used in a jj has been cd 18! I know that it seems scary but if it needs it, it needs it. Have you done 4 complete 4 hour burning sessions? That is always how I gauge if I need to wick up or not. I have never used any more than 1 oz pp for a candle. My personal experience is that I got less throw from any more oil than that. I am sure others have had different experiences and hopefully they will jump in too. These are great fragrances especially that peach cobbler! Wow! I just got that one myself and I was amazed at the richness and depth of this fragrance! Yum! Just my humble opinion, if you used just the 1oz I bet the Cd 14 would work. If you really wanted to stay with the 1.5oz you might have to go to the CD 16. Best of luck and this is just a small facet of the wonderful world of testing! Lol!

Thanks for your reply! I usually use 1 oz but was trying a higher amount wanting to make sure these scents were strong. I am going to repour again using less. Hopefully that does it! I've heard ICS oils might need more pp so tried it and it failed! :-)