J50 problems...

I was pouring J50 in status jars and pouring around 175 and getting almost perfect tops. I didn't need to reheat tops or anything. Well, I decided to use the 8oz square mason jar and I have poured anywhere from 155 to 185 and I am getting a small sink hole. If I don't wreck the top and reheat my wick will drown out because of huge air pockets down inside the candle. I even cool them slowly in the oven. Any ideas on how to prevent these holes? I may pull my hair out lol. I love the scent throw and I have the wicking down so I'd really like to make this wax work somehow. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks Jeanie! I tried pouring at 155 and I still had the hole. I'm wondering if I should try pouring even cooler. Seems too cool for paraffin but maybe it will work.

OK...I didn't realize all were poured so low in the little jar. Oops...Possibly the neck as Chandler mentioned or maybe heating the jars and pouring about 155ish so they cool slower. Yeah, I don't know how much cooler you can go with paraffin before it starts solidifying in areas of the pour pot or worse yet, too cool for paraffin and more problems develop.

Keep us informed, if you don't mind. This is interesting.

Well, it seems the hotter I pour the less pronounced the air pocket it. If I pour cooler, the larger the air pocket is and it forms further down in the candle. I had an air pocket like an inch down and had I not went to town with the bamboo skewer I would've never found it. This makes me nervous because now I'm always wondering what lurks beneath the service.

Well, it seems the hotter I pour the less pronounced the air pocket it. If I pour cooler, the larger the air pocket is and it forms further down in the candle. I had an air pocket like an inch down and had I not went to town with the bamboo skewer I would've never found it. This makes me nervous because now I'm always wondering what lurks beneath the service.

I had that happen a few times with C3 so I stopped working with it too only because I was afraid I'd miss some later.

I'm glad it seems you found how to diminish/or get rid of the pockets in your J50. Just hope now you can keep going without worrying about them. :(

I had that happen a few times with C3 so I stopped working with it too only because I was afraid I'd miss some later.

I'm glad it seems you found how to diminish/or get rid of the pockets in your J50. Just hope now you can keep going without worrying about them. :(

Thanks Jeanie. I'm afraid it will make me eventually want to change waxes even if I think I have the problem fixed. I will always have it in the back of my mind that there could still be a crater lurking below.