Drying soap

Secret-Beauty

Hy everybody.

I have this problem, and I am strugling to figure it out for 2 days now.

I;ve made a few days ago, Candybee's Coconut soap recipe. All measured as in the recipe.

The soap wasn't lathering so well, and I Pm'd Candybee with this. I rebatched it, melting and adding some extra soap base. After few days, the lather seems to be a little bit better.

But my main problem now, is that the soap is drying like crazy :(. I have this itchines also, and my hands look so bad.... First, I wasn't sure where is this problem from, but then, my husband told me that he washed himself with the coconut soap, and his hands looked exactly like mine.

It's so strange, because using the base only with coconut fragrance, it's ok. I have a client crazy about the simple coconut soap. So I wanted to offer him a lovely soap, adding coconut oil, coconut milk, castor oil and glycerine.

I must say that I am making lots of soaps with this base, using mostly colour and fragrances, and I have no problems like this one.

Do you think that some of this ingredients, are bad? My only doubt is that I used Coconut oil for use in the kitchen. Maybe it isn't good for soaps :((((

What do you think?

It may be the coconut oil. Some people are simply allergic to coconut oil and others find it dries their skin. Use a different recipe without added coconut oil or switch out for another oil good for sensitive skin.

Lots of oils are good for sensitive skin and can be used in place of the coconut oil: olive oil, shea butter, sweet almond oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, babassu. Just to name a few.

Yes, maybe it is the Coconut oil. And I think I am kind of allergic, because the itchiness made me crazy.

If it is the CO, I'm so sad. wanted to use it in all my soaps, as it is also a hardening agent.

Maybe it's best to try the CO in other soaps also, to see the results?