Anyone use FO's from CandleChem?

Belinda

I was just wondering if anyone orders from Candle Chem. I see a lot of posts about Peak, Natures Gardens, Cajun etc but not much on Candle Chem. I was on their website and they have a lot to choose from but don't want to chance them if they don't have good reviews.

Thanks!

I was just wondering if anyone orders from Candle Chem. I see a lot of posts about Peak, Natures Gardens, Cajun etc but not much on Candle Chem. I was on their website and they have a lot to choose from but don't want to chance them if they don't have good reviews.

Thanks!

When I began my departure from pillars, votives and tapers and evolved to making highly fragrant container candles, Candle Chem on eBay was one of the first FO suppliers I used. At that time their fragrances were $4.95 per four-ounce bottle. They offerred prompt and reasonably priced combined shipping. I bought quite a few "primary/simple" fragrances from them. Generally they were pretty fair quality when I bought them. I must admit I discovered the joy of mixing my own fragrance blends using some of their product. Another company I used was Gemlite, also an eBay supplier at that time. They too carry quite a few "simple" FO's. I don't think that Robin Cheng (male) sells on eBay anymore.

As I evolved I found better deals and FO's I liked better than Candle Chem. I still buy quite a few FO's from Gemlite's web site, but virtually none now from Candle Chem.

At least once per season, I examine all of my fragrances that are stored in PTFE bottles. All fragrances get a check at least twice a year regardless of their container. I have found the supplier that has the largest number of "turned" FO's to be CC. This may be due to several factors, but it was enough for me to no longer have an interest in them as a FO supplier. I have though, bought some plastic bottles from them when I don't require large quanities. My primary source for bottles is SKS when I need a fair amount. CC's eBay store has a nice selection of bottles and some supplies at fair prices, reasonable shipping and good service.

If I remember correctly the Candle Chem web site is a bit different than their eBay store. I have not purchased there. I do know that they have increased the price on their eBay FO's and now offer a size option that was not previously available.

In summary; I feel that Candle Chem offers a decent product targeted at the casual crafter, who does not not demand either the best price/value or the highest quality for a business. If I needed a small amount of a particular FO or two, I would not hesitate to order from them again.

I know one major supplier who insists that the sales on any fragrance they stock has to be at least 100 pounds per year to insure quality and profitability. I'm a bit dubious of some of the FO's in the CC line-up meeting a quota similar to that amount.

JUST MY OPINION

HTH

Dave

Thanks Dave!

I always enjoy reading your posts and learning from you and everyone else on here. I just started making tarts last September and wished I had found this forum before buying from certain companies or certain fragrance oils. I've become addicted to buying them like a lot of people! :o)

I guess I'll stay clear of Candle Chem for FO's unless like you said I just need a small amount of something. I have actually bought four from them over the months.

I have

orange cupcake (I love it but it seems light to me)

oatmeal raisin cookie which smells okay but nothing to ever make me want to buy it again,

cozy christmas, which smells good but haven't used it

and then I bought a bottle of cherry cobbler off of their ebay store and it smells good OOB so I thought I would try a few more. I went to their website and they have a lot of oils to choose from and but I wanted to see what people on here thought before I took a chance to use anymore of their stuff.

Thank you again for taking the time to give me your experience with them. I really appreciate it!

Belinda