Eco Wicks

Just wondering...... For those that use Eco wicks...after the wax has become solid, and you trim the wick, if I trim it to 1/4 in b-4 lighting, the flame is small and continue to get smaller until it goes out. If I trim it to about 1/2 inch before burning,the flame is too high. I dont have this issue with the CD wick...I trim it to a 1/4 inch and the flame grows to a nice size. Does anyone have any suggetions for the eco wick? I'm testing it in 464, in a 3inch Diam Status Jar.

Just wondering...... For those that use Eco wicks...after the wax has become solid, and you trim the wick, if I trim it to 1/4 in b-4 lighting, the flame is small and continue to get smaller until it goes out. If I trim it to about 1/2 inch before burning,the flame is too high. I dont have this issue with the CD wick...I trim it to a 1/4 inch and the flame grows to a nice size. Does anyone have any suggetions for the eco wick? I'm testing it in 464, in a 3inch Diam Status Jar.

What I found with soy using Eco wicks is they needed 1/2"-1/4" (depending on the soy) to get going on first burn and trimmed to about 1/4 for further burns. In paraffin or parasoy blends 1/8"-1/4" worked best. I wick to not get a full MP until at least the 3rd burn. Preferably the 4th which helps the burn in the lower half of the jar. It almost seems as if they are underwicked for those first 3-4 burns but they catch up. Also, I've found as long as I can see the hangup softening a little with each burn and it isn't any larger than 1/4" going into that 3rd burn, the flames will behave fairly well on the lower half of the candle and the hangup will go.

I would pre-cut the wicks (at 1/2 or 1/4) before sending out to testers or gifting and then tell them to trim to 1/4" after each burn.

If the flame gets dim it's either because I underwicked too much or cut too low but it doesn't sound as if you are doing either one. Did you get your Ecos from the same place you bought the CDs?

I had the opposite problem with CDs. No matter how much I did or didn't trim, I'd get flames that were not very steady or stretched too much and drove me nuts.

The only other thing I can think of is possibly the jar being the culprit.

HTH and GL

Edited by jeanie353

Its an eco 10. I trimmed the wick to a 1/4 inch and the flame went down till it went out. I scooped out the wax and smoothed it out and left the wick at 1/2 inch and I got a very hot jar and fmp of about a 1/2inch deep in 3 hours on the second burn. The eco may be a bad choice for this jar type.