Wally World phasing out their $2 clamshells? Febreeze is now doing melts.

marcuset

I could be wrong, but the local SuperWalmart replaced the BHG's with a big display of new melts ... a different style clamshell package from Febreeze...as well as larger size jar candles. Their melts were about $3. Found it interesting. Didn't buy any.

Wait a minute, old 80's? Ah....it's all just relative, isn't it? Saw an advertisement on tv the other day that called the original Karate Kid with Ralph Macchio...an old classic. Eh boy. *faint* Thanks for the giggle! :-)

Edited by marcuset

I know... classic :( I seen a post on facebook a few days ago how when you think of the 80's you think 10yrs ago... try more like 20yrs ago! Hard to believe isn't it. I'll always be an 80's kid :grin2:

OOPS!

Make that up to or more than 30 years!

Sh*t! 78RPM records were the fashion during my childhood!

Ol' Dave

:laugh2: So, what are records? (just kidding). Especially '78's...those puppies were huge...I listened to a few as a little girl. That was the early '70's. Crap.[/quote

Early seventies!

I was crusin' around in my 1972 Ford Grand Torino convertable listening to tunes on my 8-track player.

My first car was a 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air 4 door sedan. A VERY BIG BACK SEAT! (Get my point?)

It didn't even have a radio in it when I bought it.

I bought an AM radio from Pep Boys and put it in myself. I put in rear speakers too!

Man! Wouldn't I like to have those cars again !!!!!

Dave

8 tracks, records... my how times have changed huh :) I'll never forget my first record player lol It was a red little thing and man I loved that thing!!! Now kids get ipods, cell phones. I laugh all the time thinking, how would they live without those things these days :)

• 3 weeks later...

I saw and sniffed the Febreeze candles and melts at Wallyworld today. Very impressive! The melts are very big compared to other clamshells, and less than $3.00. The candle jars are a nifty oval shape if you're looking at them from above, and they have nice wooden lids. The 8 oz has a wood wick and is less than $8.00. The 16 oz is double wicked with regular wicks and is less than $8.00. There's a 22 oz, I think, and it's less than $12.00. They smelled pretty good, and the colors are on trend, the wax is really pretty, not that yucky looking wax like Yan___. Their wax melter is very cute and aprox $9.00.

I saw and sniffed the Febreeze candles and melts at Wallyworld today. Very impressive! The melts are very big compared to other clamshells, and less than $3.00. The candle jars are a nifty oval shape if you're looking at them from above, and they have nice wooden lids. The 8 oz has a wood wick and is less than $8.00. The 16 oz is double wicked with regular wicks and is less than $8.00. There's a 22 oz, I think, and it's less than $12.00. They smelled pretty good, and the colors are on trend, the wax is really pretty, not that yucky looking wax like Yan___. Their wax melter is very cute and aprox $9.00.

Swell! Anyone interested in a "slightly used" candle business?

I can compete with Yan___, but EVERYONE goes to WallyWorld!

I knew I should have told my wife she was crazy when she pushed me into opening a candle shop.

I don't get out to shop, but my wife does. She's asleep right now, but I'll bet she knows about WM's new candle line. She'd keep it from me as long as possible, because she doesn't want to add more stress in my life. As if we don't have enough to worry about already.

Dave

Swell! Anyone interested in a "slightly used" candle business?

I can compete with Yan___, but EVERYONE goes to WallyWorld!

I knew I should have told my wife she was crazy when she pushed me into opening a candle shop.

I don't get out to shop, but my wife does. She's asleep right now, but I'll bet she knows about WM's new candle line. She'd keep it from me as long as possible, because she doesn't want to add more stress in my life. As if we don't have enough to worry about already.

Dave

I know, dude, I know...:awww:

I just get so depressed going to ww...

And speaking of 80s, the students nowadays listen to classic rock etc, whoch is ironic if you think. I onceI made a passing reference to seeing Freddie Mercury's radio ga ga tour and their eyes lit up like saucers...granted it was my first concert. But there is nothing like high school students to make you feel old...(i am a hs teacher - so fossil status is routine).

Edited by JI

Consider quality. i do not display my candles as cheap. The candles at ww are probably from China.

The Wallyworld candles are all cheap and crummy and probably made in China, and I'm including the Mainstay, BH&G, Paula Dean, Candle Cottage, and all the other brands they carry in that assessment. But the Febreeze air freshening candles that I've burned in the past were very good quality and burned very nicely, except that they've reduced the FO load so they're not as strong as when they first came on the market, and they don't fill the glass as full as they did at first. I haven't tried one of these new Febreeze candles that are for decor instead of air freshening, but they look like a quality candle with thick glass and good quality fragrance, and they're filled more full.

They're not on the Febreeze website or the Wallyworld website yet. I should buy one today, and a pack of melts. I almost bought the Almond Sugar ones. I bet they're not as strong as the candles we make, though.

Edited by HorsescentS

The Wallyworld candles are all cheap and crummy and probably made in China, and I'm including the Mainstay, BH&G, Paula Dean, Candle Cottage, and all the other brands they carry in that assessment. But the Febreeze air freshening candles that I've burned in the past were very good quality and burned very nicely, except that they've reduced the FO load so they're not as strong as when they first came on the market, and they don't fill the glass as full as they did at first. I haven't tried one of these new Febreeze candles that are for decor instead of air freshening, but they look like a quality candle with thick glass and good quality fragrance, and they're filled more full.

They're not on the Febreeze website or the Wallyworld website yet. I should buy one today, and a pack of melts. I almost bought the Almond Sugar ones. I bet they're not as strong as the candles we make, though.

If you do break down & buy some, would love to hear your assessment. They didn't have a ton of scents - that's good. I can't bring myself to shell out any more dough - not with 60 lbs of wax sitting in my storage ready for me to make my own. ;-)