How do I clean my pouring pots?

Hi Sabrina :)

I turn my oven on 200 degrees, line a cookie sheet with foil and then paper towels, then turn the pouring pot upside down on the cookie sheet and let it set for about 15 minutes or so in the oven. Then I take it out and wipe it with paper towels. It seems to work really well! Hope this helps!

D

LOL Tart beat me to it. Yeh what she said too. LOL

What kind of pour pot do you use?

Is it metal or glass?

If it would be safe in your oven at 175 degrees, try putting it in there upside down on a cookie sheet with paper towels for a few minutes. Then wipe it out.

Or if you have a heat gun. Zap the inside a bit to warm it up and then wipe it out again. HTH :)

Thanks girls, maybe I'm dumb.. but the pots are clean, I mean they have no wax inside, it's only the scent!!

I re-use peas tins and cans

That's likely your problem. Unless they do them differently over there, there is a coating inside veggie cans(sometimes white, olive green, grey, whatever). Other food types too. Not only will the coating pick up the scent, but after using a while it will start disolving in the wax. At least mine did. The only ones I've discovered that don't have some kind of coating in them are the coffee cans, probably because it's not liquid.

Thanks SatinDucky, I was thinking that the problem was that they have seams.. and wax could be hiding there!!

My *real* aluminium pot does not have this problem.

So I have to give up and spend money for serious pouring pots!;)

That's likely your problem. Unless they do them differently over there, there is a coating inside veggie cans(sometimes white, olive green, grey, whatever). Other food types too. Not only will the coating pick up the scent, but after using a while it will start disolving in the wax. At least mine did. The only ones I've discovered that don't have some kind of coating in them are the coffee cans, probably because it's not liquid.

Also, if you could get your hands on some good heavy "glass" measure cups they work great.

I use the pyrex measure cups. Of course not sure if you can get those over there. But any good heavy glass measure cup would work.

I get mine in 2,4 & 6 cup size.

They are so easy to clean and do not hold the scent.

I tried using coffee cans for a while. They were a pain to clean, too, at times. Seams at the bottom and ridges going around them gave me problems.

Didn't care much for glass, since it's heavy, gets condensation and the handles get hot. Plus, I tend to be a bit rough with things and they can break.

I gave in and bought more pour pots.

I did have good luck, though, with those milk/cream pitchers used in resteraunts, for small quantities of wax. I used them when I was making water candles. They're easy to control, moreso than the big pour pots.

I just think that the regular pour pots are so much easier to manage and clean that it is worth paying for them. I just buzz them with the heat gun and wipe them out with paper towels and they are good to go. Since time is money, it just seems worth it to me to do it quickly. I have been tempted to try something like a coffee can or something else, but not worth it in the end for me.

I tried using coffee cans for a while. They were a pain to clean, too, at times. Seams at the bottom and ridges going around them gave me problems.

Yeah, they can be a pain, but they'll do in a pinch. The 1 pounders are handy for small things when my pour pots are in use ;)

Thanks to all.

These tins cant'go in the dishwater, and I will not put them there even if I can, I always have fear to do some disaster!!

Milk saucepans are ok, but in this strange land we call italy there is no more thing you can call "cheap".

Seriously, when we switched from italian lira to euro it's been a disaster, everything costs double (it's correct??) than before. That's way I try to arrange with things I find at home.

The only advantage is that euro is competitive with foreign values!!

Thanks to all, today I'll go anyway in search of something "smarter" than tins.