watched pot never boils

Guest OldGlory

Guest OldGlory

Omg, when I finally decide to order something after months of deliberation, testing around it, and/or general procrastination, it seems to take FOREVER for the order to arrive. There must be some obscure law of nature that makes waiting so painful. :embarasse

Maybe I'm just 'that' impatient person.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not just you! Waiting for supplies to come is so painful. Lol. I am adding quite a few new products to my scent shop and I ordered a couple days after Christmas. So, some of them were closed for inventory until New year's. ugh. so annoying. lol. My lip balm flavorings took over 2 weeks and that was the closest company to me. Now everything is here and I haven't had much time to play.

So I read this and laugh, DH is wondering why so I read this to him.... he said "Good grief" very sarcastically!! He just doesn't get it, but I wouldn't dare tell him how true it is!!!!:laugh2:

LOL Mine knows... We were having issues with our mail/ups etc. and it showed delivered online, yet it wasn't here!!!! He took it upon himself to go tromping around the neighborhood to go hunt down who had my boxes lol

we live out in the boondocks and had to put a big "box" thing up at the end of the drive because no one would come clear up to the house - so now whenever I say "out for delivery" and am dancing around the house my DH is sighing heavily because he knows he'll have to drive out after it because heaven forbid it waits till morning!!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Imagine this!

You're stuck in a wheelchair, that's too wide to go through the three 32" (actually a 30" gap) interior doorways you would need to go through, just to open the front door.

You hear "Brown" pull up.

The big door opens.

Package(s) placed on your front step.

The door bell rings!

The big door closes!

"Brown" drives away.

You wait a few minutes and begin checking on your computer the shipping status of all outstanding orders you are waiting on.

OH! There it is! "Left on front porch."

You now wait about four or five hours for DW to come home, cursing as she carries your big box(s) to you.

You have your knife in your hand! DW thinks it's to defend yourself, but you take it to the box(s) and slice open the tops, just to find a blizzard of shipping peanuts has created a mess in your multi-tasking room. IE; Bedroom, bathroom, dining room, living room, computer room and now order receiving room.

"What do you want for dinner? . . . I see you did do the dishes! . . . Good thimg! . . We're even!. . .I'll be right back after I change my clothes. . . . You do know you are cleaning up that mess yourself, don't you?""

Ain't life great! Another mini-Christmas day in the life of a cripple.

Gotta love it!

Dave

Edited by emilyspoppy
Spelling I'm stupid too!

Sometimes I'm at my "stupidist" when I think I'm at my "funniest"

I was trying to poke a little humor into here while using myself as a target.

The doc's all claim, that once I get past my temporary health issues, I should regain some of the stregnth in my legs.

I was blessed to have kept both of my legs and their associated tootsies following a mistake I made many years ago when I OOP'S and set off a booby trap in "that crazy Asian war".

I had a really great home therapist get me to a point, where I was able to haul my butt up and down stairs and to be able to get myself into our mini-van. I was on the road to recovery.

Unfortunately; I got very sick with an unrelated illnesses and all of my hard-earned progress was wiped out. I do plan on coming back though.

As far as a helper, I suggested that to my DW, but she just glared at me when I showed her the photo of some young lady I would like her to look like!

PLEASE; Pity me not!

I'm cool!

Stupid ol' me

Edited by emilyspoppy
I said I was STUPID!

I just went in my room and set up my new freezer paper roll/stand/cutter and then realized that I have nothing on order for my fun hobby now. No tracking numbers to watch or anything.

Sad state of affairs in which I find myself, really.

I'd better go order something!

OK... That is potentially traumatizing. Get an order in quickly :)