Southwest candle supply

Shar

I was browsing over their site and made a list of fragrances that I would like to try out.. I've never ordered from this supplier before, and was wondering how their customer service is and quality of their fragrance oils. Any other recomendations are much appreciated as well:smiley2:

Angel Star

Cedar &Saffron

Ginger Bergamot

Indonesian Teak

Lavender Chamomile

Oakmoss & Clary Sage

Velvet Tuberose

Wildberry &Guava Nectar

Neroli Blossom

All the oils I've ever ordered there were great. I think Havana was one I loved and graham cracker too

Good to know Lorelei! Did a search on SWC but found very little info, and they have several fo's that my regular suppliers don't and prices seem reasonable. Havana sounds like an appealing fo for soap, so will add that to my list. I still have a ton of fo's to use up from last year, but a girl's always got to be looking for more oils,lol:-)

Thanks, I'm definately going to be ordering this one:-) it seems Indonesian teak was highly rated by others too when I did a search on this supplier. I am particularly interested in SWC's Lavender Chamomile for soap. I'M currently mixing my own blend.

• 1 month later...

Ordered a bunch of samples to test in cp. I'll probably reserve about 4oz. Of soap batter when I make my regular soap batches and use about 7 grams of fragrance to test each of their samples. Here's what I ordered..

Lavender &Chamomile

Green Irish Tweed

Polo

Angel Star

Lemon Verbena

Indonesian Teak

Ginger Bergamot

Northwoods

Wildberry Guava Nectar

Lavender

Grapefruit watermelon

Midnight pomegranate

Oakmoss clary sage

Tuscan Patchouli

Hypnotic Tonka Bean

Peaches

Hawaiian Breeze

• 1 month later...

I did get to test many of my samples from South West and found some keepers:)

Green Irish Tweed- Soaped very well, and the scent sticks..but prefer TSW version of GIT

Angel Star- I really like this one very much and ordered a larger size. Sticks very good in the soap sample. It smells similar to Candle Science's version that unfortunately isn't skin safe.

Lemon Verbena- This is Awesome and strong in the soap sample. It's a keeper and plan on reordering in a larger size.I like it better than AH/RA version, which I currently use..

Indonesian Teak- Very Nice unisex fragrance that sticks very well in my soap sample. It discolored medium brown.

Ginger Bergamot- slight discoloration and not too fond of the smell in my soap sample

Northwoods- Strong and sticks great in the soap sample.

Wildberry Guava Nectar- I got separation, won't be able to soap with this one..it's a strong fo and smelled great though

Lavender- This is a very nice smelling lavender (like eo lavender), but was a little too light for me in soap

Grapefruit watermelon- Scent sticks very well in the soap sample, and sort of reminds me of cucumber melon

Oakmoss clary sage- I adore this fragrance and have already reordered 2 lbs. I love this in soap, and made some syndet shampoo bars as well. It's such a lovely herbal fragrance, It did not discolor or accelerate in my cp sample bar either.

Tuscan Patchouli- Soaped well, but was too light for me in the cp sample

Hypnotic Tonka Bean- This would make a nice blender. No A but D to med brown shade in the soap sample..

Peaches- Would not work in cp soap..separated, and had to trash it

Hawaiian Breeze- soaped great and sticks great in the soap sample..

I ordered more of the 1/2 oz. samples to test soon:

Yellow Diamonds (Versace Type)

Twilight Woods Type

Coconut Lime Verbena

Cedar & Saffron

Neroli Blossom

Japanese Cherry Blossom

Passion Fruit

Coconut

Guest OldGlory

OMG. Stop already.

I'm making another list, lol. Put me down for some Lemon Verbena soap. Seriously, save me some.

I don't have an addiction to FOs unless their in your soaps Shar. I'm destined to become the little old lady with cupboards full of your soaps because they're all so wonderful and I can't get enough. I'm loving the latest sydnet shampoo bars too. Lots of lather with so little soap used. I think one bar is going to last months.

Maybe I could talk you into a soap of the season club - 4 different soap bars per season (I will consider finding a new boyfriend so I can double my orders and try new soaps!) every 3 months. Got a pumpkin pie soap?

OMG. Stop already.

I'm making another list, lol. Put me down for some Lemon Verbena soap. Seriously, save me some.

I don't have an addiction to FOs unless their in your soaps Shar. I'm destined to become the little old lady with cupboards full of your soaps because they're all so wonderful and I can't get enough. I'm loving the latest sydnet shampoo bars too. Lots of lather with so little soap used. I think one bar is going to last months.

Maybe I could talk you into a soap of the season club - 4 different soap bars per season (I will consider finding a new boyfriend so I can double my orders and try new soaps!) every 3 months. Got a pumpkin pie soap?

:yay:

Just make sure the new bf is very hairy, so the soaps go quicker! Happy you're liking the soap and poo bars! I'm kicking myself for not reordering the lemon verbena, but will next time. I've still got a little bit left over from the sample, so can pour up some in my decorative molds though. I'm still on the hunt for a good pumpkin pie fo for soap that doesn't turn out smelling like "big red" chewing gum.

Guest OldGlory

Ok, I can wait a while for the lemon verbena. I have plenty (cough) of your soap on hand. But, I gotta have it when you get around to ordering more of the FO!

your pal, the soap ho.

QUOTE; OLD GLORY {Got a pumpkin pie soap?}

Have you tried "Snoopy's Soap Works" yet?

I understand their "PP" soap is very creamy, and pretty "true", but with subtle undertones of "truffles".

Sometimes, however, there are tiny bits of "matter" present that appear similar to "chewed peanuts". I'm not sure if this would be a problem for someone allergic to them.

JMO/HTH

The Red Baron

Guest OldGlory

Dave, I'm picturing you in a small plane wearing goggles with a white silk scarf trailing behind you... cute!

I'm very partial to Shar's soaps so I'll wait for her to find a good pumpkin pie type of scent. BCN used to have a perfect pp fo but quit carrying it. I made pp CP with it many years ago and that FO was the gold standard for pp soap. I no longer have time to make CP, sadly, so when I found Shar's soaps I was like a kid in a candy store. Correction - I am still like a kid in a candy store. HA!

I'm actually ashamed to admit this, but my very first experience with CP soap was a little over a month ago when a very sweet member of this board sent me a few "bars" of it. I've been in love with it since.

I've only used it a couple of times, though, because I don't want it to "go away"!

Now I'm venturing into the world of M&P soap. I don't see my DW and myself taking on the serious project of making and selling CP, though.

I may do like you. If I'm not happy with my own "Homemade" M&P I may "buy out" CP too. It's just that I look at all of those bottles of FO and ask myself; "Is you Crazy . . . buying scented soap at retail?" I hate paying retail. I'm CHEAP!

You should see our Christmas tree! Charlie Brown would be proud. It looks like a toilet bowl brush stuck in a stand! Thrift shops have good buys on holiday decorations at least once a year!

Guest OldGlory

Dave, my first experience with CP was about 15 years ago. Bought some at a craft show in Gatlinburg. I haven't bought a bar of soap other than CP since. The fragrances hooked me at first, but the way it feels on the skin (not drying) is what keeps me going back for more. When I retire I will make my own CP again. For now, I love supporting a crafter. Once in a while I buy a hand soap from B&BW for the convenience of it - and I find good buys there, like 5 bottles of hand soap for $15. M&P didn't produce the same results for me. I enjoyed making it and had a bit of luck selling it, but now I want something that's good for my skin.

I hope you'll take a pic of your Christmas tree for us this year!

And, btw, I urge you to try Shar's soaps. She's a fantastic soap maker.

Ok, I can wait a while for the lemon verbena. I have plenty (cough) of your soap on hand. But, I gotta have it when you get around to ordering more of the FO!

your pal, the soap ho.

Lol, We're all a group of Fo and Soap Ho's here!

I only used about 4 grams fo out of the lemon verbena sample bottle, so should be able to get at least 2 or 3 4oz. bars at least..

Haven't had much luck with a good pumpkin pie fragrance, but looks like Brambleberry's Pumpkin Lager gets high marks among soapers, so I'm good mind to try it since I'll be needing to order from them pretty soon! Supposedly no beer notes come through in the cured soap , just pumpkin and a little spice, which is what I'm looking for..Most all that I've tried are spice and no pumpkin..