omg shipping costs... *cringe*

For instance I'm wanting to order one single thing from this one supplier - Universal Soy Additive. It's not available from any of the other suppliers I'm needing/wanting to order from. The USA is only 4.99 but shipping to me is over $10 via priority. Absolutely crazy.. :( Too bad they can't shove it in a flat rate box and save me almost half that shipping.. :rolleyes2

Shipping was one of the things that really surprised me when I undertook this hobby. I understand shipping costs on a 60 pound case of wax, but 12, 1 ounce FO bottles? Because I wanted to try oils form a number of places and a wide range of waxes, shipping has been unbelievable in relation to what I actually bought.

Shipping was one of the things that really surprised me when I undertook this hobby. I understand shipping costs on a 60 pound case of wax, but 12, 1 ounce FO bottles? Because I wanted to try oils form a number of places and a wide range of waxes, shipping has been unbelievable in relation to what I actually bought.

Oh I know! I remember the costs being high a few years ago when I did this, but now that I'm trying to get back into it - it must have gone up. I've been playing online the last few days trying to figure out what to order from who to TRY to save on shipping. I thought I had it figured out, order from Lonestar (for my wax and wicks). But I wanted to get Peak's sampler FO pack, and the shipping on 10oz of oil is nuts. Put them in a flat rate box! lol.

On that note - anyone have opinions on the FOs from Lonestar if I just order everything through them?

For instance I'm wanting to order one single thing from this one supplier - Universal Soy Additive. It's not available from any of the other suppliers I'm needing/wanting to order from. The USA is only 4.99 but shipping to me is over $10 via priority. Absolutely crazy.. :( Too bad they can't shove it in a flat rate box and save me almost half that shipping.. :rolleyes2

If you're ordering the USA from TCS, you can call and request the flat rate box....they do it for me :-)

I just did two mock orders for the same product...I added 10 cases of 8 ounce mason jars from CS (or two five count boxes) and the same number of cases from AH/RE ... shipping from CS was $20.00 LESS! I was hoping that since AH/RE was closer, it would be just a tad cheaper. What's up with that!!!! I'll stick with CS

Guest OldGlory

Shipping costs can be such a shock! Some companies add in handling charges, some just charge what they pay for shipping. Don't forget to factor that into your actual costs.

$20 more for the same products is ridiculous.

And it absolutely kills me when I forget something that is a must have! ugh... It's gotten to the place that I'll walk around for two days thinking about my order before I finally get the nerve to hit the button lol

lovemylabs, I agree with you about those shipping costs. AH/RE have some fantastic fragrances, including my old favorites from the former KY Candle Supply, but their shipping is the worst of any I've used. I try desperately to find substitutions from other companies but have to give up and order from them a few times a year--I just hold off as long as possible and buy in multiples so I won't have to pay their shipping any more than necessary.

I've been very pleased with CS's shipping--both cost and speed! I think they're probably the fastest shipper I use with orders almost always going out the day they're received.