How fancy can you make m&p bars?

Darbla

I'll probably change over to making HP soap, but right now I have a bunch of m&p to use up and I want to get creative with it. So how fancy can m&p be? Can stuff like the soap cupcakes with all frosting on top be made? Like these:

There's some pretty ones here, though I don't agree with the orange slices on top of one of these loaves:

Another:

Is stuff this fancy possible:

Do you know of any web sites with pictures I can use for inspiration?

Guest OldGlory

My computer is too slow and I'm too impatient to look at the links you provided.

I used to make soap gems for a client. They sort of looked like opals, but in a variety of colors. I'll see if I can find some online.

I'm sure you've seen the sliced soap in fancy boutiques (can't recall the name right now). You can get very creative! Question is, if you are moving away from M&P, do you want to buy new molds to do the fancy stuff?

Soap Rocks - AlmandersAlley (I called the ones I made soap gems, and used bright colors)

Hmmm, hope it's ok to add this link to show someone a picture of a product. Sorry if I did something wrong.

Edited by OldGlory
added link

've made the icing like the cupcakes but had to make up a concoction of M&P, foaming bath butter and dry powdered coffee creamer. It worked but I'm not sure if you want to add the FBB to your M&P since they are so very different products. The coffee creamer brought a quality to the party I really liked. It was like adding milk to the bar like we do with CP but once that icing is used up the milk affect is too. The coffee creamer was just a whim after trying other stuff to keep the tops solid after they dried.

Have you seen Eden's M&P soaps? They are beautiful (imo). She has one called marshmallow that was my first attempt with curlies and it was a very pretty soap. Warning tho'...I broke quite a few new type potato peelers making small curlies. They just aren't made like the ones from the old days. The one that worked best and held up the longest was Betty Crocker brand. Also, a cheese slicer (hand type that looks sorta like a V) works awesome for the large curlies.

HTH & have fun :)

Edited by jeanie353