Amount of FO vs Wax in New Jar

I'm trying to figure out a new jar. Using the calculator, I figured out that my total wax weight would be 15.50oz in these new jars, but what I can't remember for the life of me is how to calculate the amount of FO @ 1.5oz per pound. Can someone help me, I'm math challenged.

I'm trying to figure out a new jar. Using the calculator, I figured out that my total wax weight would be 15.50oz in these new jars, but what I can't remember for the life of me is how to calculate the amount of FO @ 1.5oz per pound. Can someone help me, I'm math challenged.
15.50 / 16 = 0.96875 (the number of lbs in the jar)

1.5 x 0.96875 = 1.45 oz FO

However that might not quite fit in the jar once you add FO to the wax. It's easier to say you want a 9% FO load and then calculate it this way:

9% FO = .09 x 15.5 = 1.4 oz

91% wax = .91 x 15.5 = 14.1 oz

Total weight = 15.5 oz (100%)

Sure would be hard to measure 1.45 oz unless you have a very good scale. With 15 1/2 oz for the jar, measuring by the pound would be much simpler. I mean, 1/2 oz is about a quarter of a votive. IMO, worrying about that tiny amount isn't worth all the calculations...

Sure would be hard to measure 1.45 oz unless you have a very good scale. With 15 1/2 oz for the jar, measuring by the pound would be much simpler. I mean, 1/2 oz is about a quarter of a votive. IMO, worrying about that tiny amount isn't worth all the calculations...
You haven't got a gram scale yet? Tsk, tsk. I can't make single test candles without one.

You haven't got a gram scale yet? Tsk, tsk. I can't make single test candles without one.

Yup, I sure do. But between doing the conversion from oz to gram for the amounts, doing all the calculations, then measuring.... I believe in simplicity. Round it off and waste a tablespoon of wax one time....LOL