miami erie OOB

carol k

This was on FB today.

Miami-Erie Candle Supply

After analyzing our supply business and discussing our plans, we have decided to no longer sell supplies at this time. We want to thank everyone for all the support but we feel this is the best route for our business at this time. Thanks for your understanding and want to wish everyone a Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year! Angie

It doesn't surprise me. Her Front Porch candle business is doing so well and as she stated on her FB page, thats where her focus will be. First it was the wax with no notice to her customers and now its the oils. She is to "flighty" as a supplier so its probably best. First Snowtop and now Miami Erie,..I wont be surprise if she comes back and under a new name again.

ETS: wonder if she will sell her supplies off to ICS as before, or to anyone else! :undecided

Edited by leisa2003

We were chatting about this earlier this morning!

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?107794-Miami-Erie-Closing-Supplies-company

I was first thinking that she might offer a liquidation sale but given that she is also a maker/seller, I might expect that she will keep the supplies for making her Front Porch products.

That's nice, so now all of your customers can only buy their favorite scents you turned them on to from her business exclusively now. Was any notice given or did she just shut her doors leaving customers hanging?

Hopefully if she does reopen someone posts it so I know not to bother.

Missywick,..She gave no notice. She's done this before with Snowtop. Only now that her Front Porch Tart/Candles are doing so well, she cant handle the supply business (thats my guess). So those who bought supplies from her, that helped to support our compitition, your now left hanging once again.

Edited by leisa2003

Wow! I didn't know that ME and Front Porch were one in the same! She has a HUGE following on Facebook and YouTube from what I've seen.

I personally have never purchased from her. I try and stick with companies that I know are very established so I wont have to deal with this issue.

That's nice, so now all of your customers can only buy their favorite scents you turned them on to from her business exclusively now. Was any notice given or did she just shut her doors leaving customers hanging?

Hopefully if she does reopen someone posts it so I know not to bother.

Totally agree....

I'm sure her supplier FB page will be deleted next. Leaving her customers high & dry & thanking them for "understanding" - whatever. If she truly appreciated them - she's give them a little notice. A few hours doesn't cut it. So glad I don't depend on her oils - but I feel bad for those that have. Granted she had some very good scents - but the way it was handled was stinky. All the best to you guys.

Edited by marcuset