shrooms yet no f/o

Even though I did not put any color or f/o I still get shrooms any suggestions. I can't wick up as I'm already using the biggest wick and still get hang up on the jars sides. How are square braided wicks in a soy paraffin mix 70/30. I use paper core wick for this 3 inch jar candle, I also have soot issues near the end of the burn. Its hard to tell if the soot is being produced all the time or just near the end when the flame drops below the lip of the jar. Not sure how to check for that. If i put a white sheet of paper above the flame no soot is visable or accumulates. I know every candle produces soot to one degree or another, but I have exhausted most my wick choices here. I tried http,rd,lx,cotton core,paper core, I'm left with some square braided wicks but I dubt they will be any good as well. The paper seems to work well it does soot and leaves hang up on the was but the scent throw is great. Any ideas on wicks also?

I cannot help at all with parasoy - I only recently tried clarus 3022 and have zero knowledge as to how the whole soy/paraffin works together- I can tell you I did get soot bad in the ones I did try so far

But if your not using any FO or dye and have tried all those wicks in various sizes and are getting mushrooms still- I would have to think you still haven't found the right "type" of wick- are you burning all the way to the end? And still have hang up? What jar are you using? hopefully some parasoy people can help you out there with wick types

Mushrooms can be caused from over wicking causing More wax to the flame than can be burned

Is this a pre bought blended wax or are you blending yourself?

Have you tried CD and CDN yet?

Its a 18.5 oz 3 inch diameter. I have not tried CD, ECO or square braid,I'll have to keep hunting. Its a pain in the arse, I just want to give up. It drives me nuts.its too big not big enough or the wrong type. I use raw wick so i have like 25 spools.:undecided

Edited by Gbhunter

If you can get yourself some CD or Eco wicks, I'd give that a try. On Eco maybe try a range starting with a 6 up to a 10 for a 3" container. It depends how much paraffin is in the blend and how soft the wax is will determine how low/high you'll need to go with your wick. It will also most likely change with some FOs. In a CD maybe start with an 8 up to a 12. Remember to twist the CDs if you use them. It will give you a more even burn. You don't want your hangup to go until the 3rd burn or 4th even. If you get a full MP too early chances are the wick is going to be too big for the last 1/2 of the jar.

HTH

I don't know what container you are using, but I would try double wicking. When I used the 12 oz. status jar with one wick, I consistently got soot. I finally switched to (2) LX 8 or LX 10 wicks and had a great burn with no soot. I would try that before going to square braid, as they burn hot and may get your container too hot. Good luck!! :cool2: