sooting on glass

At the top of my jars I'm not sure how many ounces but it 3 inch in diamater I use a 70 soy 30 paraffin mix the parrafin is 125 from Candlewick I'm not sure about the paraffin. The wick I use is a 66-44-18 paper core it leaves some hang up I tried smaller wicks but they tunnel. Some times my wife runs the fan while the candle burn and the soot only shows up near the end of the candle. She also burns it for hours and does not trim the wick. I tried a cotton core wick that was smaller but it left lots of hang up. Any advice?

Edited by Gbhunter

Blow out the candle after 3-4 hours, trim the wick and relight. Size correct for jar and there should be no sooting.

HTH

ETA: Unless there is an overload of FO. That would more likely cause shrooms but possible for soot too.

Edited by jeanie353

If i powerburn a candle for hrs on end without trimming sooting is an issue. I also noticed eco wicks sometimes soot more than others. Is it just me? On my single wicked candles if i burn correctly there is hardly any. But i always get more soot on my double wicked large ones. The jar style is also inverted slightly. I recently coughed up some $$ to try out yankee soy candles. They were large. There was sooting despite trimming etc.

I like the sound of those lx wicks. Chrisr what type of wax do you use them with?

I use my own blend of soy & paraffin (60/40). Forgot to say I get all my wicks from Candlewic.

Edited by ChrisR