why is cure time necessary?

Obviously I know that is the melts-candles sit for a few days they throw better scent. But why is this the case, chemistry-wise? The fragrance is already there. I typically cure 3-7 days depending on frag. If anyone has insight as to what happens, why, I would appreciate it!

Don't do it on purpose. I make to order and figure they will throw by the time they get to the person. I'm not good at testing so I give everything to a tester and by the time she test it's been days. I can hardly smell so I don't say no to anything till she says so. When I first started soy was new and it was hard to get a scent to throw well but I never knew then you had to wait days. I'm sure I have passed on many scents that may have been great. I have no idea why waiting is so important. I tend to use 1.5 oz of FO per lb of wax so if it doesn't throw and last for 2 or three days then I will pass on it. I never start at a lesser amount, figure I can always go down but don't want to keep trying the scent with a little more and then a little more. May be a waste to some but it works for me and I have had a good business. I do make more tarts than candles these days.

One one has been able to answer this question and some of us don't see any difference between cured and uncured, including me. I have had soy candles stored for months and have never experienced any noticeable change in perceived smell during burning. Others will, of course, disagree but there are so many variables here that the best thing is to try it for yourself.

Maybe the cure time has more to do with the lid issue. Obviously a freshly poured candle cools and then you pop a lid on it. If you open it up within say that day, not a lot of fragrance molecules have time to collect. Vs if you have a candle that has been sitting for days. Also maybeni cannot smell a candle in the beginning since i still have "fragrance nose" so to speak from that same fragrance. Maybe cure time does not really matter!?