Does anyone make chunk style melts?

kimmeroo

someone gave me a good size chunk for my melter and it looks like fudge! It is thick and marbeled with other pieces of scented wax in it. Is it as easy as pouring wax into an 8x8 container(reusable tin) then swirl and add other pieces..or do you have to whip the wax? I haven't played around but plan to..just wanted to get some of your tricks of the trade..lol TY.

Kim:smiley2:

Edited by kimmeroo

• 1 month later...

I did try it..I didn't whip my wax though..I used a jelly roll pan I bought just for this project and made Serendipity. Let set..cut into the size chunks I wanted. Then I poured cooled wax with Ice Cream Scoop Bread over it using a disposable baking deep dish tin. Let set overnight..took out of the tin...scored it and cut..but..it crumbled and didn't stay together like it should. I could use some help as to what to add to the wax. I am using C3. TIA!

I hope someone can help. I only have 6006 and some soy wax here, I am going to place an order with peaks for different waxes and when it arrives I will put my thoughts to the test. I would love to be able to make them, they are just too cute! Lol

With whipping wax, I think that works well for making biscuit melts and for topping. Maybe if you pour the wax in the dish then drop the wax chunks in it will sink to the bottom and then add some more to top up and have them stick out.

Not sure though

I hope someone can help. I only have 6006 and some soy wax here, I am going to place an order with peaks for different waxes and when it arrives I will put my thoughts to the test. I would love to be able to make them, they are just too cute! Lol

With whipping wax, I think that works well for making biscuit melts and for topping. Maybe if you pour the wax in the dish then drop the wax chunks in it will sink to the bottom and then add some more to top up and have them stick out.

Not sure though

I wish I had taken a picture..it was beautiful I made the Serendipity chunks medium red/pink then the overpour ICSB was white..it looked perfect until I cut them..the middle crumbled..think I may need to add some softer wax? I just got some 4627..so next time I try the chunx I will add a little to see. Thanks for the reply..

Edited by kimmeroo

I used to do chunk style "muffin melts" - made chunks with IGI 4786, put chunks in mini muffin pan, and then overpoured with either 4794 or 1343. ---- Perhaps could use square "brownie bite" pans - with any combination of waxes that are hard enough to hold shape when removed from the pan??????

I wish I had taken a picture..it was beautiful I made the Serendipity chunks medium red/pink then the overpour ICSB was white..it looked perfect until I cut them..the middle crumbled..think I may need to add some softer wax? I just got some 4627..so next time I try the chunx I will add a little to see. Thanks for the reply..

It will be great to see pics, I will take some of mine when I get the waxes sorted.

Joym, thanks for your input. I wonder if it is possible to use the same chunk wax for the overpour also? Is there a reason why 2 different waxes are used?

Yes, you can use the same wax for the overpour, as long as it is hard enough to release from the "mold" - 4786 will work. Don't remember why I used a different one, think it might have just been a way of using up what was left in the pot from my 1343 pours. Sorry, it was something I did several years ago, and no pictures available.

Yes, you can use the same wax for the overpour, as long as it is hard enough to release from the "mold" - 4786 will work. Don't remember why I used a different one, think it might have just been a way of using up what was left in the pot from my 1343 pours. Sorry, it was something I did several years ago, and no pictures available.

Oh no worries about pics, that is really helpful already!!Thank you!

I used to do chunk style "muffin melts" - made chunks with IGI 4786, put chunks in mini muffin pan, and then overpoured with either 4794 or 1343. ---- Perhaps could use square "brownie bite" pans - with any combination of waxes that are hard enough to hold shape when removed from the pan??????

That's an idea..no cutting. I will play around with it. Thanks! :)

The C3 released great it's just when I cut the chunks it started to crumble from the inside..:( 4786..I will have to get some wax samples) I want to make molded melts but the C3 frosts in the silicone mold bad..I prefer the hard paraffin wax anyways so i will be playing for a while.

Going on vacay for a couple weeks first..then test..test..test! :) TY all for your responses!

My chunks ,I do whip and pour add what ever I like on top and cut before the wax gets hard,not to soft though or the cuts will mend its self.Wait til it is cool ,remove from pan and Some times some chunks still stick together but breaks apart very easy.Does that help?

My chunks ,I do whip and pour add what ever I like on top and cut before the wax gets hard,not to soft though or the cuts will mend its self.Wait til it is cool ,remove from pan and Some times some chunks still stick together but breaks apart very easy.Does that help?

Yes it does..I had a feeling I may have waited too long to cut..I will try cutting a little sooner next time...when I made the chunx..the wax stuck to the knife so it was too soon..lol I will have to time everything and keep in my notes. I just started so I haven't gotten very far with it yet. I am out of wax and will be gone for a bit so when I get back..test..test..test i shall do! :) Thanks again! :)

Why not try a 50/50 para soy tart wax and add a 40% container wax to the chunks to avoid losing them when you cut. Whip the overpour, the straight 50/50 maybe a smidge of container for smoothness/ fudge effect and cut the finished pan when it still on the soft side. I tried it and it's a cool look, it reminds me of those white candies with the jelly cut outs in them. Really pretty. I cut with a pizza cutter, never fails me no matter what tart wax I cut (at the soft stage that is)

You can get really great waxes at Wellington to play with, it's the same parasoy stuff KY had. The have 1 container and 1 soy. That's what I did mine with and it was perfect.

Edited by funkymonkey66
add

• 3 weeks later...
Why not try a 50/50 para soy tart wax and add a 40% container wax to the chunks to avoid losing them when you cut. Whip the overpour, the straight 50/50 maybe a smidge of container for smoothness/ fudge effect and cut the finished pan when it still on the soft side. I tried it and it's a cool look, it reminds me of those white candies with the jelly cut outs in them. Really pretty. I cut with a pizza cutter, never fails me no matter what tart wax I cut (at the soft stage that is)

You can get really great waxes at Wellington to play with, it's the same parasoy stuff KY had. The have 1 container and 1 soy. That's what I did mine with and it was perfect.

TY so much..sorry for the late response..I have been on vacation! :) I will try this!

• 4 weeks later...
Still planning on doing this,I got a selection of waxes from peaks and sadly bought too little, just testing with clamshells it has all gone, will have to order a larger amount to test.

I know what you mean I need more wax too..I probably won't have the time now until Fall to play..I own a soft serve custard shop and we open in april..so all of my time will be devoted to that. I have been trying to get this scoopable wax thing perfected. I am pleased with what I have accomplished so far..now I am wanting to pipe it and have no clue how...trial and error..so that will be put on hold as well. :( Good luck with it Mullberry! :)