gum drops FO

Guest OldGlory

Guest OldGlory

Good morning!

I am in need of an old fashioned candy FO. It will be a signature scent for a company that has a bunch of candy barrels in each of their stores.

I asked for suggestions (since I can't smell it) and got only 'sort of a gumdrop smell'.

So, I am leaning towards a gum drop, but would entertain something that includes a butterscotch, candy corn, cinnamon-y type of smell. I will submit 3 options and let them choose - and I have no problem combining several FOs to come up with the perfect one.

They don't carry much in the way of chocolate or peppermint so I think those notes are out.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!:grin2:

Definitely Spice Drops, Peppermints, Ribbon Candy,Red Hots, toffee, taffy, chocolate bricks, etc.

For Spice/Gum Drops, Taffy, Ribbon Candy you'll probably use Cotton Candy as a base starting point.

For Toffee, Chocolate, Butterscotch Candies, etc you'll need a chocolate base, with a butter cream and possible even buttered popcorn.

Spice Drops (ideas)

.70 Cotton Candy .30 Grape Soda + 3-5 drops clove EO

Also, think you might try a good nondescript Sweet Candy Smell. Is the shop one of the nostalgic throw-back stores with old wood barrels, and wood floors etc. I ask because you could take it in a different direction and try something like Honey paired with a wood, toss in a little Cotton Candy for good measure. Might be nice.

Edited by rctfavr3

I agree LS sleighbells is an awesome gumdrop scent!!! I have saw some one had a ribbon candly scent, that too would be nice I think!

ETA, and yes I use sleighbells in 6006, at Xmas it sells as sleighbells, the rest of the year it is gumdrops!!

Edited by Karen M

I agree LS sleighbells is an awesome gumdrop scent!!! I have saw some one had a ribbon candly scent, that too would be nice I think!

ETA, and yes I use sleighbells in 6006, at Xmas it sells as sleighbells, the rest of the year it is gumdrops!!

interesting. I'll have to check into this one too! Is it a mint-based gumdrop smell?

Edited by rctfavr3

• 2 months later...
Guest OldGlory

Update-

After blending a variety of candy fragrances, making 4 different samples, and submitting more than a month ago, turns out they want gumdrops. They sent a candle for me to duplicate - scent name Gumdrops. Surely there was an easier way to do this, lol.

(Hitting my head against the wall...)

Guest OldGlory

Lonestar sleighbells arrived today. It smells nothing like gumdrops to me. It smells like gummi bears. Back to the drawing board!

However, the Balsam & Cedar is really nice!